Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

FJ TRD rims on a 1st gen?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Mike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud ofMike330R has much to be proud of

Mike330R's Tacoma Gallery
FJ TRD rims on a 1st gen?

I have tried to find backspacing info on these FJ rims or the trail team edition rims. WHat is stock back spacing and what are these FJ rims? How far would the FJ rims stick out past the fender wells on a 1st gen?

I just installed a lift that is currently around 2.5-3". I am hoping to lower it an inch or so if my new rear springs settle after a few weeks. I currently have 31x10.5x15 tires with plenty of room. I'd like to go one size bigger to help retain some of the gas milage and gearing.
The TRD rims are 16" I believe. I was thinking a 275x70x16 which is just over 31". Or possibly a 285 which is closer to 32".
Suggestions?
Maybe save some coin and get one sized bigger tire to fit the 15" rims?

Thanks for any info!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
huckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nice
huckfin's Tacoma Gallery
with only a 3 inch lift a 265/75/16 would be perfect. if you go bfg a/t you'll almost get a full 32 inch tire. the 285 will be too big, or so i have heard... lots of rubbing horror stories on this forum. i have the 265/75/16 on a 3" lift and i really like it. does not look like a tonka toy truck all puffed up and bloated, but instead looks functional as a truck should, and handles well as such. i'm planning on getting fj trd wheels as well, good looking wheel.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
tls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tanner
tls01taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2.5" with 285/75/16 on my tacoma have a little rub not to terrible.. we bought a trail teams fj with these wheels and i've wanted to see how it looks, this weekend i'll try to swap one over to get a picture for you
Old 07-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #4
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Stock is 4.5" BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by invstmntbnkr View Post
"From what i was given on a the FJ forum the wheel specs are as follows "The 16-inch FJC TRD wheels, PN PT904-35070, are 7.5" wide and have a 4.84" backspace. ."
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post4219926
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
265/75R16 is max on the FJ wheels. Any wider you will need spacers to push the wheels and tires away from the UCA. Those wheels should be right at 4.5" or a tad bit more in backspacing.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Trail Teams wheels on my truck...3" lift, and running TreadWright 285/75/16 Guard Dogs, which are a bit bigger than standard 285's.

I also have SpiderTrax and I still get a little rub on full lock.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if it's possible to do a BFG KO 265/75R16 with stock suspension (no lift) with these FJ wheels without any rubbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
265/75R16 is max on the FJ wheels. Any wider you will need spacers to push the wheels and tires away from the UCA. Those wheels should be right at 4.5" or a tad bit more in backspacing.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it is possible, i had a set on my 03 and had no issues at all that i was aware of. Never heard any rubbing or anything. Just beware that the ride is going to go to shit though. I went back to p metrics in 265/70 after they almost beat my truck to hell.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS, this thread is over a year old lol.