Notices

Reviews: BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
fuentes89 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose Fuentes
fuentes89's Tacoma Gallery
Reviews: BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A

I got a 2005 double cab sr5 prerunner. The tires i got now are shot ( cheap high way tires) so i need new ones. I do 90% high way driving and 10% off road, when i do fishing, hunting, and the weekends to go camping, so i go through occasional mud.

Ive been researching the BF Goodrich Rugged Trails and theres alot of good reviews on the Discount Tire website. I also searched on here saw some negative reviews from ppl who mainly used them for nothing but off road use...

Any one on here do the driving that i do and have them? if so how are they noise, mileage, looks, worth the money, etc..... if not any opinions on a tire that may suit my driving needs?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running stock everything including Rugged "Fails". I've read the reviews on here and thought that using them off-road today would guarantee a flat or four. They proved to be very strong and sturdy for what we did. NOT compared to other tires (ie Duratracs or Grabbers), but check out the recent Gorman thread and you'll see 2 MGM Tacos running these tires and neither of us had a problem in sand/mud/rocks. Others have, though.

I personally think their great for highway use (just made an over 4k road trip w/ off-roading thrown in), but will be switching them out w/ Duratracs when the time comes because I plan on using my truck for more off-road adventures.

Maybe you'll want to check into an A/T, but I'm sure other advice will quickly follow here...