Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

LUG NUTS EXTENDED AND TAPERED

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
skichiiwa is on a distinguished road
skichiiwa's Tacoma Gallery
LUG NUTS EXTENDED AND TAPERED

DISCOUNT TIRE WAS SAYING I NEED A TAPERED AND EXTENDED LUG NUT FOR NEW WHEELS( ENDUROS). OR I SHOULD SAY THEY RECOMMEND THEM. HOWEVER THEY DONT COME IN BLACK. ANYONE RUN INTO THIS ISSUE? ANYWHERE I CAN FIND BLACK ONES?

dtIRE SAYS THEY MAY CAUSE VIBRATION IF I DONT.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
paint them or...wait for it...plasti-dip!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!?!?!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
DT is correct. The lug nuts you need are not available in black.

And turn off your caps lock.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Got the same problem. I have looked everywhere for some black lugs but no can do. I might powder-coat them or plasti-dip them... I bet somebody has to make black ET lugs...
Old 06-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
HAHA SORRY ABOUT THE YELLING!

HOWEVER IS IT TRUE I NEED THEM TAPERED AND EXTENDED?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skichiiwa View Post
HAHA SORRY ABOUT THE YELLING!
yet you still do it.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
WCJR is on a distinguished road
Name: W
WCJR's Tacoma Gallery
CAPITOL LETTERS

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ALL CAPS.
HOW IT BECAME KNOWN AS YELLING IS BEYOND ME.
AS LONG AS THE SPELLING IS OK THAN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
GO CAPS GO.....
Old 06-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
DT is correct. The lug nuts you need are not available in black.

And turn off your caps lock.
Both of my previous statements still stand.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCJR View Post
AS LONG AS THE SPELLING IS OK THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
GO CAPS GO.....
fixed your spelling..
Old 06-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCJR View Post
AS LONG AS THE SPELLING IS OK THAN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
GO CAPS GO.....
Emphasis there because you spelled capital c-a-p-i-t-o-l in your post title. Nice jorb.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
paint them or...wait for it...plasti-dip!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #14

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #15
funny how i asked 4 wheel parts they said i dont need the extended tapered. i just wanna know what is acceptable
Old 06-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #16

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skichiiwa View Post
funny how i asked 4 wheel parts they said i dont need the extended tapered
They were happy to sell me the wrong ones back in the day as well.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
They were happy to sell me the wrong ones back in the day as well.
Par for the course...........
Old 06-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #18
plasti dip

SO does the plasti dip work? or will it scrape of when tightened >?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #19

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
You won't find a finish that'll hold up to the lug wrench. Accept that you'll have chrome lug nuts and be happy that your truck doesn't vibrate at speed.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #20
yea. i hear ya. i wonder if we could do a group buy for a special order tacoma black lug nut ? who should i inquire to? gorilla?