LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

will a 315/75r16 tire fit on my 3" lift??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #21
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
100% agree sir, depends on what you want to do with your own shit. No one else is gunna pay for it when or if you F it up. So mine with a 3" as your speaking 285/75's fit, with.... different rims that have a little more backspacing on them. I need to do trimming but thats minor and just a flesh wound
Looks good
Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #22
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Okay.
Time, I couldn't tell you, a fair bit.

Wheelers steelies. 5 at 78$ = 390 + shipping

I probably have close to 600/650 into the flares all said and done, including gas to drive down to Minden from Reno 3 times to have them done, and clips to mount them. You don't need to do this, I liked the look. You can just remove.

I have maybe another 40 or so into random shop materials, grinding discs, cutting wheels, paint, etc...

You'll definitely need UCAs.

IF you include the snorkel that's another 450 or so.

It's not necessary but might be a good investment with 35s.

Assuming you have the proper tools. If not you'll need all the regular tools and then power tools as well, angle grinder etc...

It's pretty pricey, and not that easy for the average TW'er.

However, it can be done, no borrowed time about it. Just expensive and time consuming. You will wear parts faster, it will be easier to break parts, but things aren't going to catastrophically fail because you threw 315s on it. If that were the case, all the 6" guys would be fucked.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #23
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Well I dont mean the truck is going to implode because you put a bigger tire on it, and a lot will have to do with your use for the truck. If you spend a lot of time in the rocks without upgrading anything I think on average you will be broken far more than someone with a more modest tire size on.

I also think at very least the stock brakes barely stop the thing with stock tires, with 315's your fairly underbraked.

I don't think I'm saying anything revolutionary here its just simple physics. I'm not even saying dont run 315's its your truck you do what you like I'm just saying fitting the tires is only part of the equation to doing it properly is that really an argument?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #24
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright, I can agree with that.

Good info for anyone considering 35s to think about.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #25

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Those tires and rims look good on your truck, nice choice.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #26
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Define "fit"?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1989 View Post
as in NO more rub lol it can be done like maxamillion2345 explains...me, him, my buddy that got me liking Tacoma's and many others have fit 35" tires

He has it correct in his post - it can be done, but it's going to take a lot more than just a 3" lift alone. That lift has to be complemented by a fair amount of cutting and bending.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #28
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1989 View Post
yes true...i think it is well worth it though 35"s look so much better
They look nice, but they'll also be hell on your drivetrain. I wouldn't go to 35s without a SAS because I'd be too worried about killing CVs, wearing down my brakes, the shitty mileage, etc.

There's no advantage over 33s for me and quite a few disadvantages. But that's my situation, and everyone's is different.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
They look nice, but they'll also be hell on your drivetrain. I wouldn't go to 35s without a SAS because I'd be too worried about killing CVs, wearing down my brakes, the shitty mileage, etc.

There's no advantage over 33s for me and quite a few disadvantages. But that's my situation, and everyone's is different.
My truck is paid for. I'll buy a new truck in a couple years and this one will get chopped up. I agree, everyone should consider all aspects of running 35s and decide according to what works for them.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #30
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Mine is paid for. I'll buy a new truck in a couple years and this one will get chopped up.
Mine isn't. Not that that's stopped me from doing anything.

Aside from that, I don't ever plan on letting this thing go. Too much work in the build. I buy new and run them into the ground.

Once this thing's paid off in another year or so, it's time to get one of those new 5.0L mustangs in my...parking lot.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I want 35's................maybe next year.

Wheel with a few people with 35's, once you see them get over an obsitcle in one try after you hit it 3 or 4 times and you'll see their benefits.

37s a couple years after that?

I'm aware of the advantages. Not concerned right this second - I've got more pressing shit than 35s at the moment. Maybe down the line.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #32
Poser Truck

37s after you SAC. Then 40s when you get tired of the 37s.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #33
Poser Truck

Quote:
35"s after the SAC
It'll be interesting to see. Again, no plans take mine that far at this point.

BTW, I may or may not have placed a deposit on a front bumper tonite
Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #34
Poser Truck

Didn't know he was taking payment that way now, did you?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #35
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't know he was taking payment that way now, did you?
What kinda bumper you getting Jan ?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #36
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What kinda bumper you getting Jan ?

A good one.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #37
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A good one.
Oh

The Allpro
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #38
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Oh

The Allpro
You have deciphered my code!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #39

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
35's are a waste IMO unless you are going for looks.

a 33 is plenty for these trucks with a mid travel setup.

Quote:
They limit travel.

Either you have to run the sway bar or run larger after market bumpstops, if not you're gonna rub the cab itself when flexing. I'm rubbing the cab with a 285 A/T so I know you are with a 35.

Also They're not gonna out preform a 33 of the same make on the same truck running the same setup, so why deal with the power loss and huge loss of MPG?

I would only go with a 35 if I was LT or SFA.
And 8 month later......

Quote:
I want 35's................maybe next year.

Wheel with a few people with 35's, once you see them get over an obsitcle in one try after you hit it 3 or 4 times and you'll see their benefits.
I think Tires are like breast implants always want something a little bigger.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #40
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
And 8 month later......

I think Tires are like breast implants always want something a little bigger.

I've been giving him shit about that same turnaround, for the same reason.

I'm telling you, he's gonna be rolling 40" IROKs on a SAS inside 5 years.