LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

will a 315/75r16 tire fit on my 3" lift??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #41
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You have deciphered my code!
I'm an Enigma

machine
Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #42
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
It lends some credibility to the guys who simply say buy what you want now cuz you will eventually. 35's really are not practical, I mean all logic says dont do it but there is a certain appeal for sure.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #43
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Why am I a hard head? My argument has never been you can't or that they wont work, its just been if your going to do it, then do it right dont just hack up your truck to smash some 35's on there without addressing everything else. For those that have fit them the right way more power to them.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #44
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I just think Lurry will never be satisfied
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #45

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I know what I wrote and its all true. we have been through it in this thread as well. If your going to do something then you should do it right. Or at least try to. The gist of what I was reading was people just hacked away till they fit and called it good. Not in everybodies case but thats how many people operate. Just believe you should address the whole truck not just shoving the tires on.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #46

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
And although many have probably fit them properly I am still not sure how I would feel out in the rocks with 35's on my IFS. With jeeps the rule was 35 max on the dana 30 and that was borderline yet many people ran 37's on the dana 30 with no problems at all. I think it just comes down to how, where, and how often you wheel. All it takes is that perfect combination of bad to make things break, especially on something that is already on the downside of bad.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #47
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Running this size on the fj with 3"- took a shit load of work to make them work just like a taco. Pinch welds, aggressive body mount chop, 4.56 gears. IMHO was well worth it. After going almost to the first water crossing on fordyce I can tell you it makes a difference there were obsticles I had no clearance issues on and everyone else rubbed something on the under carriage. You really should factor in the cost of regear to run these tires there is a drastic difference in how well the truck performs after the regear. Uphill acceleration was very poor before and the engine and transmission were working too hard to churn them on the trail. Regear will run you $1500 if everything is perfect. Expect $2000 if you have over 50k miles and want the added insurance of new bearings.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #48

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
For the guys on 35's have you upgraded brakes or steering and if not do you have plans to?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #49
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
For the guys on 35's have you upgraded brakes or steering and if not do you have plans to?
Just steel braided lines. I have 16"s so brake upgrades are pretty out of the question, but its really not needed. no plans on steering will see if issues arise.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #50
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I need more brakes. I replaced the pads when I put 35s on. But I need to find a more aggressive pad
Old 06-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #51
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Will probably do drilled and slotted rotors when they need replaced.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #52
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No mods found some pads that work. Almost twice the contact patch as OEM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #53

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think the stock brakes are anything to write home about so I was curious. I know on other vehicles I have had even going to 33's created a noticeable difference.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #54
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty content with my brakes to be honest... they're not super but they're not bad.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #55

Mine are fine as well. But while towing a boat not so much
Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #56
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
no problems with mine, just have stainless lines
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #57
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Guys,

In the next couple of months its time for me to get some new tires for spring. I'm considering 315/75R16

I currently only have 265/75R16

I have SAW coilovers in the front set to 2.5" of lift, will it help if I crank them up to 3" or won't make much difference?

My truck got hit offroading, so I ordered a bunch of parts from all-pro a LONG LONG time ago that I'm hoping to turn up in the next week or so

Up front I will have a plate bumper and all-pro glass fenders along, plus I already have 2.5" of lift and camburg bj upper arms in there.

In the rear I'm putting all-pro expedition leaf pack.

I plan on doing the cab mount chop and beating the pinch weld up front.

Should I be pretty good to go with 315's with this setup? Oh and I will be ordering new rims, I was looking at the MB 72's from discount tire with MT/R tires, all up comes to about $2000 shipped to Canada which seems really good. They are 8.5" wide rims with 4.5" backspace

Cheers

Brett
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #58
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine to be honest
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #59
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend cutting the pinch weld. It will give you more room that way. If the weld starts to split, you may need to have it welded.

You may also need bumpstops to keep from rubbing during full compress.

And you can crank your COs to 3" but your CVs may be at too extreme which will decrease their life.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #60
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
Hi Guys,

In the next couple of months its time for me to get some new tires for spring. I'm considering 315/75R16

I currently only have 265/75R16

I have SAW coilovers in the front set to 2.5" of lift, will it help if I crank them up to 3" or won't make much difference?

My truck got hit offroading, so I ordered a bunch of parts from all-pro a LONG LONG time ago that I'm hoping to turn up in the next week or so

Up front I will have a plate bumper and all-pro glass fenders along, plus I already have 2.5" of lift and camburg bj upper arms in there.

In the rear I'm putting all-pro expedition leaf pack.

I plan on doing the cab mount chop and beating the pinch weld up front.

Should I be pretty good to go with 315's with this setup? Oh and I will be ordering new rims, I was looking at the MB 72's from discount tire with MT/R tires, all up comes to about $2000 shipped to Canada which seems really good. They are 8.5" wide rims with 4.5" backspace

Cheers

Brett
you should be fine with those fiberglass fenders and a new bumper, i used to have my SAWs at 2.5", with fiberglass, cab mount chopped super far back, and i beat the pinch weld and my 35" generals cleared. i only rubbed a little bit when backing up at full lock. I emphasize general tires because they are wider and a true 35" tire opposed to most 315s. after a little bit of grunt work it will be worth it and look awesome! but i would look into regearing if you are going bigger than a 33" tire