Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

will a 315/75r16 tire fit on my 3" lift??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
wangluoqis is on a distinguished road
wangluoqis's Tacoma Gallery
will a 315/75r16 tire fit on my 3" lift??

I got a 3 inches left kid on my 05 trd offroad and now looking for a new set of wheels and tires on it. will the 315 trie gose on a 16*9 wheel and fit on my truck?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna go with a doubt it.

from the online tire size calculator

Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
My 285/75/16's rud a bit when i turn, if i did some trimming they wouldn;t. But thats just sitting there, not even any suspension movement
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Same here , 285/70/17's on stock rims , rub UCA's when turning sharp. Also just seen were the previous owner had slightly trimmed the bottom rear part of the fender flare.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Do you mean with no modifications other than a 3'' lift? No. With modifications you can fit the largest tire made. Lift height doesnt matter.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
wangluoqis is on a distinguished road
wangluoqis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
Do you mean with no modifications other than a 3'' lift? No. With modifications you can fit the largest tire made. Lift height doesnt matter.
yes 3" lift is the only thing that i had done on the truck.
Do you think it will not rub if i put a wheel spacer on the wheel then the tire goes out
Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangluoqis View Post
yes 3" lift is the only thing that i had done on the truck.
Do you think it will not rub if i put a wheel spacer on the wheel then the tire goes out
it will probably rub more. 4.5" backspacing is what you want
Old 06-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
man listen IT WILL NOT FIT...285's rub with a 3in lift...you have to get rid of mud flaps,trim inside edges of fender and cut and weld bodymount behind front tires..and all that to clear 285's with NO rubbing....and 315's are much bigger so you do the math...use the search buton bro it will teach you alot...ive spent hundreds of hours leaning about our trucks on here.....you will need a new offroad front bumper also with 315's as said b4
Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to assume you just want to take your tires off and put the 315's on and have them work on the truck so no in that sense they will not work. But if you dont mind hacking your truck up a bit then you can "get them to fit".

lots goes along with fitting 315's "THE RIGHT WAY" you can get away with alot less but really its not worth it for 90% of users. 255/85R16 is probably the TALLEST tire your going to fit comfortably on your lift but it may not be as wide as you like.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
bertfull is on a distinguished road

Name: Bert
bertfull's Tacoma Gallery
35s need a minimum of 6" of lift & a lot of fender trimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangluoqis View Post
I got a 3 inches left kid on my 05 trd offroad and now looking for a new set of wheels and tires on it. will the 315 trie gose on a 16*9 wheel and fit on my truck?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #14

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertfull View Post
35s need a minimum of 6" of lift & a lot of fender trimming.
You dont need a 6'' lift to run 315's. Lots of guys run 315's on 3'' of lift. It just requires some trimming. The lift height has nothing to do with fitting tires properly.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
IMO unless you're really set on it, it's probably not worth the headache.

By no means for the average TW'er are they easy to fit.

I had to chop the fuck out of my cab mount, beat the shit out of my pinch weld, and firewall. New wheels with 4.0 BS (4.5 works). Pull the inner fender liners. This opens the intake to debris, cut the intake and pulled it to the firewall, then snorkeled. Cut sheet metal out of my fenders, had the flares narrowed (you can just remove flares, or just cut and rhino line). Cut several inches out of my ARB. Chances are you'll want to re-gear as well.

It can be done on 3" and isn't that bad really as long as you're not afraid to cut into her.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174491

Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #16

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see lots of incorrect info. I see a couple guys who relayed there personal experience with what they are running and the rest said you can do it but requires cutting, which is true.

And as I already said its still not worth it for 90% of folks. Seems pretty on point to me no?
Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't see lots of incorrect info. I see a couple guys who relayed there personal experience with what they are running and the rest said you can do it but requires cutting, which is true.

And as I already said its still not worth it for 90% of folks. Seems pretty on point to me no?
Alright, let me correct myself. I see two posts that are completely misguided, and the rest as you say. I remember some bullshit about borrowed time though. How ironic you'd show up to tell people it can be done here and now!

I don't disagree that to the majority, it's not worth the effort or $$.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #18

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you can give the OP some hard facts as to how much it cost you and how much time you invested to get the tires to fit. That might make it a little easier for him to understand how much goes into it.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #19

Army:
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
It can be done I never disputed that, BUT It is borrowed time. Just because you cut up a truck and shove some tires on it, there are lots of other things to address. Thats just how it is. The CV's the rearend, the steering, the brakes etc... You cant throw a 315 on there and think all those components are going to last as long as they would on stock tires. If you think that then best of luck.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #20
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

100% agree sir, depends on what you want to do with your own shit. No one else is gunna pay for it when or if you F it up. So mine with a 3" as your speaking 285/75's fit, with.... different rims that have a little more backspacing on them. I need to do trimming but thats minor and just a flesh wound