1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

33" to something smaller

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Bearskill, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Oct 14, 2008 at 2:02 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    I have an 06 access cab, 3'' lift with 33"s. Kills my gas mileage. Whats the smallest tire size I could go without looking gay with my 3'' lift?:confused:

2. Oct 14, 2008 at 4:02 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Changing tire size isn't gonna change the gas mileage too much - assuming you figured the gas mileage compensating for the speedometer error (bigger tires).

If you want to gain gas mileage, you're better off reducing the lift and tire size or going back to stock all-together.

Products Discussed in

To Top