Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Steering Wheel Jitter

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
taconerd is on a distinguished road

taconerd's Tacoma Gallery
Steering Wheel Jitter

Question.... I Have a 07 DC with billies 5150 billies all around on Procom 7089's with 265 BFGoodies... I have sooo much jitter in my steering wheel and always have since I got this set up. Can the wheel be out of balance instead of the tire on the wheel out of balance or is it just Tacoma's steering wheel jitter when you have the truck altered?
Thank you in advance for your input.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
did you get an alignment?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #3

It's been aligned,balanced, rotated 5-times. It seems the balance is off on one of the wheels no matter what..that's why I'm wondering if the wheel can be off? Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
ssmskot is on a distinguished road

ssmskot's Tacoma Gallery
whats the hub bore size on the 7089's?

Pretty sure I've read thru some other posts where people have similar problems because the bore size of the wheel is slightly larger than the trucks hub.

Might need some hub rings to tighten everything up. Just a thought, I don't have aftermarket wheels so I don't know from experience.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
What speeds do you get the "jitter"?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Rolltider29 is on a distinguished road
Rolltider29's Tacoma Gallery
YES, YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THE HUB BORE IS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE TO MATCHING UP. THIS WILL CAUSE VIBRATION. THE HUBBORE ON A TACOMA IS 110. THE TIRE OR THE WHEEL COULD BE OFF AS WELL. I SELL AFTERMARKET WHEELS, THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM THAT CAN EASILY BE FIXED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
ssmskot is on a distinguished road

ssmskot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltider29 View Post
THE HUBBORE ON A TACOMA IS 110.
Thought it was 106mm. No?
Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #9

O[QUOTE=sandjunkie;3387024]Go to Zuby's tire and wheel in Garden Grove. Get a road force balance done and kiss the jitters goodbye.

Tell them Aaron sent you.[/QUOTE

sweet I have heard good thw things about zubys.... just avoiding the drive.... I will have to make the trip
Old 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
What I am going to suggest helped out another fellow member with the same issues.

Look at the weights on your wheel, do you have 1 set of weights either in the middle of the rim or right behind the spokes OR do you have 2 sets of weights placed on the rim? A lot of the time with aftermarket wheels that use tape weights the tire shops will use just one set of weights (static) when most factory wheels use dynamic (weights on both sides of the rim). I would suggest going back to the tire store and asking them to do a dynamic tire balance with the correct hub adaptor on the balance machine.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmskot View Post
Thought it was 106mm. No?
i was also under the impression it is 106mm