Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Michelin LTX A/T2s?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin LTX A/T2s?

Anybody have any experiencewith 265/70/16 Michelin LTX A/T2s? Im not a mudder. I drive pavement, snow, dirt and sand. They are only 0.1 larger diameter and 1 wider thanstock 4 banger tires so shouldnt affect performance much other than traction.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
there is a thread on these, search.

I have them and I am not a fan of them in the New England snow. everything else they work fine, quiet and last pretty long.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
I just put Michelin LTX MS2's on mine. I debated b/t them and the AT's and side by side they didn't look much different.

I had 265/75/16 GY Duratracs on and they were too loud and had too much vibrations. I wanted something quiet and smooth.

I drive around 114ish highway miles round trip to work 5 days a week, but I also live on 100 acres and have a 1/4 mile dirt road. I decided on the MS2's b/c I was sooooooooooooo tired of the road noise from the DUratracs. I hear good things about the AT2's though. Can't go wrong with Michelin's.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Its would seem that the Michelins are the 'Cadilac' of the type tire you are looking for.

I did a good amount of research in looking for the same 'type' of tire to suit my needs, and it was between them and the Firestone Destination AT's. I went with the Firestones based on very good reviews, but just as much on the price difference and the deal offered at the time. It was a tough call. but i am very happy with the Destinations in the short time that i have had them.

We'll see what happens when a Western New York winter blows in....