Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What's with the tire pressure??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Gerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud of
Gerry Pope's Tacoma Gallery
What's with the tire pressure??

Hi all,
Have had my 07 4X4 TRD for a month now.. After filling up I checked the tires.. They all had varying pressure.. 32-35 psi. This after the dealer showed me the 160 step diag. they performed!! Dontcha love it? I saw on the tires a max 44psi for seating the bead. Fine I says.. WTF.. I put 38 psi all the way around. Then a couple days ago I see mentioned here on the forums max psi should be 29?? Sheeeeeit.. That feels way tooo spongy. Looked in the doorwell.. Shonuff 29psi. That is where I left it.. It does not ride as well as it did when I had 38psi. First time I have had tires that do not have a max psi rolling rating.. Now I have something else besides the six speed manual to get used to... So, what gives?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
29 is the *recommended* pressure (not max pressure).

It is spongy and why a lot of folks run higher pressure. I run about 32-34psi.

Tire pressure can vary over time. Every few months when I check mine, I'll be lucky if one of them is actually at my optimal pressure. Sometimes they'll have dropped 4-5lbs psi. That's exactly why you should check them because it can vary and you can lose pressure. That's normal.