LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Which Tire?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Which Tire?

I'm getting a new set of A/T tires here soon, and just wanted opinions before I make a final decision as to which I get. I have narrowed it down to 2 tires which are the Nitto Terra Grapplers or General Grabber A/T2 and thanks to knowing someone that can pull strings, I can get the Generals for $125 apiece for 265/70/17 or the Nitto's for $135 apiece. I am going for an aggressive look & like both, so would appreciate some feedback to push me over the edge for one or the other. Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Which Tire?-terra-grappler.jpg   Which Tire?-general-grabber.jpg  
Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Man of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Man of War's Tacoma Gallery

I currently have the Falken Wild Peaks.
I have heard complaints that this tie is really heavy, I didn't notice that.But as someone who puts up to 500 miles a week, then takes it hard off-road onthe weekends, I do have some feedback.
I currently have 265.75.16 on stock TRD Off Road rims. what concerns me themost is that in really broken rocky areas the tires incur deep splits down thevery pronounced center ridge, I have noticed that this does not happen whenaired down, but at 35lbs+ it s very concerning. Other than that the tire hasgreat highway manors and is very quiet, I am very impressed with the tractionin every situation.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
RRFLEDRN is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
RRFLEDRN's Tacoma Gallery
Nittos. I just got a set about a month ago, and so far I love 'em!! They look better in person and give a smooth ride. I will definitely buy them again when these wear out.