Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will 5.78" backspacing be too much?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
Will 5.78" backspacing be too much?

I have a chance at picking up a set of 20" BBS RW-Truck at a steal. They are 20X9 with a 20 offset. That puts the backspacing at 5.78". I'm looking to wrap them in 285/50s. Will there be any rub issues on a stock TRD Sport with no lift? Has anyone ever ran a set of these on a taco? I've seen other tacos with them in the 18", but never a 20".
Old 07-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
I have a chance at picking up a set of 20" BBS RW-Truck at a steal. They are 20X9 with a 20 offset. That puts the backspacing at 5.78". I'm looking to wrap them in 285/50s. Will there be any rub issues on a stock TRD Sport with no lift? Has anyone ever ran a set of these on a taco? I've seen other tacos with them in the 18", but never a 20".
WAAAAAAY too much....by at least an inch. Tires wil be sitting on the UCA.
If you want to run 285's, you need a 4.5" backspace (and a lift).
Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about if I ran 265's instead? I'm negotiable on the tire size. Just trying to see if I could make this work.
I'm looking to get the Enkei Deep Six 20" wheels. Same size, almost same backspace. I was told by 2 tire shops that without a lift, 265/50 20's are the biggest I can fit without rubbing or taking off the mud flaps. Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
Out of curiosity, I checked the specs on the 18's. Exact same width and offset. I've seen on other tacos in the 18's. It looks like the tire size is what will make the difference.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And here is my answer.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ur-tacoma.html

It seems KPT is running the 18's on stock suspension.

Thanks gentlemen.
Mine are 18x9, +10 offset, which is 5.4" backspacing.
5.78" might be pushing it. I would test fir them if possible.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Mine are 18x9, +10 offset, which is 5.4" backspacing.
5.78" might be pushing it. I would test fir them if possible.
Well, it didn't even matter. After closer inspection, I realized they were model# RW014. That model has a 78mm center bore.

Oh well. I digress.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, it didn't even matter. After closer inspection, I realized they were model# RW014. That model has a 78mm center bore.

Oh well. I digress.
Yep that's the chevy version. You need Rw016 or rw018
Old 11-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
i put 285/50-20 cooper zeon ltz on my 07 tacoma and they rubbed very little. nothing minor trimming or a 1 inch spacer couldnt fix.(with enkei deep 6 wheels)
Attached Thumbnails
Will 5.78" backspacing be too much?-photo-1.jpg