Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

wheel question.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
wheel question.

What offset/backspacing range should I look at for just wanting to be stock.
I have the 265/70/16 tires and will be replacing them, but also getting some winter wheels/tires. I don't want my wheels/tires being too much closer to cause rubbing, or sticking way far out.

Thanks.

If I get everything the same but with 4.75" backspacing will I rub, and what offset do I want?

Aos, I assume I can use trd sport wheels as well. I plan on getting new wheels for winter wheels/tires.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclueless View Post
What offset/backspacing range should I look at for just wanting to be stock.
I have the 265/70/16 tires and will be replacing them, but also getting some winter wheels/tires. I don't want my wheels/tires being too much closer to cause rubbing, or sticking way far out.

Thanks.

If I get everything the same but with 4.75" backspacing will I rub, and what offset do I want?

Aos, I assume I can use trd sport wheels as well. I plan on getting new wheels for winter wheels/tires.
Stock backspacing is 5.5" . Offset is calculated from backspacing and width. Don't worry about offset, just backspacing.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
so if i get a rim that the backspacing is 4.5", then the wheel will stick out farther away from the truck by an inch. Where if the backspacing is 6.5" is will sit closer to the truck by an inch? Will the 4.5" BS one cause rubbing with stock tire sizes?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclueless View Post
so if i get a rim that the backspacing is 4.5", then the wheel will stick out farther away from the truck by an inch. Where if the backspacing is 6.5" is will sit closer to the truck by an inch? Will the 4.5" BS one cause rubbing with stock tire sizes?
The 4.5" rim will stick out and inch more only if it is the same width. If it is also an inch wider, it will stick out an additional inch.

6.5 would be in another inch and be too close to the uca. 4.5" will be fine with stock tire sizes.