Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painted my 17"s Graphite

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Painted my 17"s Graphite

I saw what 11BSSG did to his 16" wheels , so I had to try it on the 17" Sport rims , I think it looks OK , got to get use to it. Also popped in the LED tail lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Painted my 17"s Graphite-008.jpg   Painted my 17"s Graphite-009.jpg   Painted my 17"s Graphite-010.jpg  
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
NLF is on a distinguished road
Name: Levi
NLF's Tacoma Gallery
I like the grey on the white, looks nice.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome, man! +1
Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
That's really sharp. Looks pretty good.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great
Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good. Way better than painting the stockers black. It looks like a cheap spray paint job no matter what IMO.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Are you lifted? I see your running 285/70R17 and wanting to do the same without a lift. Rubbing?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks great! keep up the nice work
Old 07-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that makes the other wise boring sport wheels look real nice. Maybe i'll consider hanging on to the ones I took off and powder-coating them gray.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Farva View Post
Was thinking the of doing the same thing to mine. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost ya?
Did it myself , Wheel paint from Autozone , sanded them , wet sanded them , taped up the tires and sprayed several light coats , then I used the same brand of Wheel clearcoat .Got about $20 in them.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Looks good. Are you lifted? I see your running 285/70R17 and wanting to do the same without a lift. Rubbing?
No ,I'm not lifted , bought the truck on May 5th with wheels already on it(other than that it was stock). The previous owner did trim the rear inside part of the front fender flares , and I do rub on the UCA's when turning sharp. Gonna wear these tires out ,then look at going with some more 285/70/17's but after installing some 5100's.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #17
09 tacomaa is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
09 tacomaa's Tacoma Gallery
Im wanting to paint my sport rims black, ive been looking for the thread that shows the steps of how to do it. Can you post a link up of it. Thanks man
Old 07-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #20

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
nice work..how well are they holding up?no chipping?
No chipping so far but highway use only , I very seldom go off road. The Wheel paint goes on really thick and I put several light coats and then sprayed them with Wheel Clearcoat.