Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Does anybody know who made these wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Does anybody know who made these wheels?

Been searching catalogs and on-line, can't find any makers with the "S" symbol on the center caps.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Enkei
Old 10-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
No kidding! Sweet, I got Enkies and didn't even know it! Thanks!

Now for the money question...how would I prep them to rattle shoot them black?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A thorough sanding is just about all you'd need.

Follow these instructions:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...lkthrough.html
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #6

Excellent. Looks like a weekend session getting sore arms from shaking rattle cans is in store!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Excellent. Looks like a weekend session getting sore arms from shaking rattle cans is in store!
gonna look kickass man!!! something you may also wanna do before you sand them.........go to walmart and get some of that airplane graffiti remover and spray them real good......it will remove the clear coat thats on them and also any trace of grease will be gone....easier prep work.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #8
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
gonna look kickass man!!! something you may also wanna do before you sand them.........go to walmart and get some of that airplane graffiti remover and spray them real good......it will remove the clear coat thats on them and also any trace of grease will be gone....easier prep work.
That aircraft stripper is amazing! I used it to strip the factory paint from my motorcycle gas tank. Just brush it on, and watch it eat the paint!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #9

That's an awesome idea, seeing how when I did my grill I found out I'm not real good at prep. Is that exactly what it's called, "airplane graffiti remover"? Would that be in the paint section or the hobby stuff area? Hardware area?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
Bourbon

Quote:
That's an awesome idea, seeing how when I did my grill I found out I'm not real good at prep. Is that exactly what it's called, "airplane graffiti remover"? Would that be in the paint section or the hobby stuff area?
I've only seen it in the autoparts store. It's called Aircraft Stripper at AutoZone
Old 10-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #11

Thanks again ya'll. Proof again this place is THE place to go when ya gotta know something!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's an awesome idea, seeing how when I did my grill I found out I'm not real good at prep. Is that exactly what it's called, "airplane graffiti remover"? Would that be in the paint section or the hobby stuff area? Hardware area?
we have it at our walmart here.....its something close to that name, and its with the automotive stuff..........right with the truck bed liner and stuff for painting a vehicle:bondo and stuff like that.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Thanks again ya'll. Proof again this place is THE place to go when ya gotta know something!
cant wait to see pics bro!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #14

Ok 3 of the wheels are done. 4th one is soaking in stripper. Unlike someone said earlier, the paint on my tires is NOT rolling off easy.

Any ideas? I'm thinking one of those green scratchy things you use in the kitchen. Don't wanna try anything chemical until the paint on the wheels is dry DRY.

Oh yeah, that aircraft stripper..that stuff is NASTY. Little overspray on my forearm made little red dots that stung like hell. Would NOT wanna get that in my eyes!
Old 10-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #15

bump to the top, someone out there has to have an answer
Old 10-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #16

Smile

Ok well guess I ain't gonna get an answer, I'l finger it out.

Anyways, before:

and after:

I like it.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #17

oh yeah, I also blacked out the emblems today. I cut the "Toyota" off them first. Haven't trimmed the silicone I used to glue them back on yet (the little crap between the letters).

Old 10-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #18

looks kick ass John!!!!!! friggin awesome, and it looks like a totally different truck man!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #19

Thanks Will! You gave me the idea!

I ran out of primer between the 3rd and 4th wheel so I ran back down to Advance Auto. On the way back I heard this plastic sounding bop bop bop going down the road. Guess I didn't put one of the center caps back on right. My kid and I went looking for it but didn't spot it, so I took the rest of the caps off. Like it better than with them on.

I want to black out the SR5 on the side of the cab, but that area was repainted after the wreck so I don't trust the paint not to come off with the letters. For now I'll use a little paint brush, hopefully it'll stick.

Now I wish I'd got black TRD decals for the rear of the bed. Back to ebay I guess.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Thanks Will! You gave me the idea!

I ran out of primer between the 3rd and 4th wheel so I ran back down to Advance Auto. On the way back I heard this plastic sounding bop bop bop going down the road. Guess I didn't put one of the center caps back on right. My kid and I went looking for it but didn't spot it, so I took the rest of the caps off. Like it better than with them on.

I want to black out the SR5 on the side of the cab, but that area was repainted after the wreck so I don't trust the paint not to come off with the letters. For now I'll use a little paint brush, hopefully it'll stick.

Now I wish I'd got black TRD decals for the rear of the bed. Back to ebay I guess.
good deal man, and i agree...it looks better without the centercaps!!