Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Procomp 7089 and Goodyear Wrangler 265/75/16's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Procomp 7089 and Goodyear Wrangler 265/75/16's

Procomp 7089 in size 16x8 with 4.5 inch backspacing and 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Anyone running this wheel/tire combo on stock suspension without any issues?

When I search, I have seen a couple different threads about not only trouble balancing due to not much space to place wheel weights in the 16 inch rim, but also tires rubbing due to the duratracs being a slightly bigger tire than most 265's. I am hoping to hear a few success stories about people not having issues with this setup before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just pull the trigger and trim as needed. I had a slight rub on the fender with 4.5 backspace wheels and 265/75 16's. This was with no mud flaps so you may have to trim or remove them. Just do it they're awesome tires!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I want to keep the mud flaps.. And I am not looking to trim anything. I currently have 265/75's on FJ SE wheels right now and i do not have any rubbing on stock suspension. The Procomp's on Duratracs would be my winter setup. Seems like a lot of people have those rims, and tires, so I am wanting to know if anyone is running them trouble free on stock suspension...
Old 07-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking to hear that they will fit with no rubbing I think you will find some say yes and others will say no. All tacomas aren't exactly a carbon copy of each other. So that said, with my wheels (not procomps but same backspacing as them) and duratracs in a 265/75 16 WOULD RUB even after removing the mud flaps. And yes these tires run big.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
If you're looking to hear that they will fit with no rubbing I think you will find some say yes and others will say no. All tacomas aren't exactly a carbon copy of each other. So that said, with my wheels (not procomps but same backspacing as them) and duratracs in a 265/75 16 WOULD RUB even after removing the mud flaps. And yes these tires run big.
Thanks for your input. I have been going back and forth whether or not I should get the duratracs, or the BFG A/T's. I like the tread pattern and look of the duratrac, but I had BFG's before and was very happy with them. I can deal with a little rubbing, but I definitley am not looking to trim anything...

Still wondering if anyone else had balancing problems with these wheels in 16's due to not enough room for wheel weights. I am hoping the couple other threads I read about that were just a problem at those particular tire shops and not a common problem.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:27 AM   #6
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
I have this combo... almost. Just a 265 70 17 on 17x9 7089. I rubbed with them before and after my lift. Not enough to bother trimming. It doesnt bother me that much.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
I have this combo... almost. Just a 265 70 17 on 17x9 7089. I rubbed with them before and after my lift. Not enough to bother trimming. It doesnt bother me that much.
Were you able to run the mud flaps, or did you remove them? I am open to going with the 17's, but I really like the 16 inch tire prices much better

I wonder if going with a 17x8 would be better or worse for rubbing than 17x9??
Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #8

Bump. Wondering if anyone is running this same setup?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
glorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedglorie yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nichole
glorie yota's Tacoma Gallery
I tried out the set up @ 265/70/r17 (02 taco) and really didnt like it. The 17x9 was nearly non-functional for me - zero flex, zero turn radius. Thank tires shops for the test fit. Im lookin into trd special ed. wheels now.

Still unsure about the tire . . . Bfgoodies are a solid choice - though the duratracs are gaining ratings

Cant wait to hear what u decide
Old 07-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck finding the 7089's, we just got done with a group buy and turns out a lot of them have gone on backorder due to a chinese conflict Pro Comp is having and cant manufacture them right now.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalero View Post
Good luck finding the 7089's, we just got done with a group buy and turns out a lot of them have gone on backorder due to a chinese conflict Pro Comp is having and cant manufacture them right now.
Good to know... I actually have time to wait. Did they give a time when they would be shipping again? Maybe I should just hurry up and order...
Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
berry79 is on a distinguished road

berry79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
Good to know... I actually have time to wait. Did they give a time when they would be shipping again? Maybe I should just hurry up and order...
I spoke with them yesterday. The said the had a rep in china last week to find a new manufacturer. There is none currently being produced and the earliest possible time available would be September.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry79 View Post
I spoke with them yesterday. The said the had a rep in china last week to find a new manufacturer. There is none currently being produced and the earliest possible time available would be September.
New manufacturer scares me a little... I went through a ton of crap getting FJ SE wheels, I don't know if I want to jump through hoops to get wheels again. Decisions, decisions...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #14
berry79 is on a distinguished road

berry79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
New manufacturer scares me a little... I went through a ton of crap getting FJ SE wheels, I don't know if I want to jump through hoops to get wheels again. Decisions, decisions...
I know what you mean. I went and switched my order to the Enduros instead.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let me know if there's anything i can do to help you acquire whatever wheels/tires you end up going with. I can check with our group buy supplier to see if they have em in stock and what the price would be. Should still be able to squeeze a decent deal