Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS with Enkei RT-6's?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
signosis is on a distinguished road
signosis's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS with Enkei RT-6's?

I was wondering if the original TPMS's from the original Tacoma 17" TRD Sport wheels can be used and installed on a set of Enkei RT-6's?

If not, how would I be able to disable the Pressure Sensor?

Thanks ahead.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I would say yes because those 20's that you see on the xsp tacomas have enkei's on them Enkei WT4 wheels.
And how to disable the tpms you cant one of those things you would have to live with.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I would say yes because those 20's that you see on the xsp tacomas have enkei's on them Enkei WT4 wheels.
And how to disable the tpms you cant one of those things you would have to live with.
Do you know how much each TPMS's are new and the going rate for used (ea)?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by signosis View Post
Do you know how much each TPMS's are new and the going rate for used (ea)?

Thanks.
Ebay had one going for about $45.00 with 2 days left last time I checked. New I've heard stories of $100 - $150 new. The tire guy I deal with said look for the used ones and have Toyota reprogram them.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

true my dealership told me 120 but try and do what taco for all is saying find some and get them reprogrammed
Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
KaliTaco is on a distinguished road
KaliTaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you looking to buy i have a set of 4 that im not using. just shoot me a pm. it was also pulled from a 17 inch trd sport rims. 08 model
Old 10-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
Quote:
true my dealership told me 120 but try and do what taco for all is saying find some and get them reprogrammed
Reprogrammed? How much would that cost?

Can't you "reprogram" the TPMS sensor by pressing on the TPMS reset button in the vehicle?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com

since they are new sensors toyota needs to use there magic wand to reprogram the new sensors to the computer or else you will have the light on in your truck, the reset button is only when you change tires etc.. And they shouldn't charge since you are spending that kind of money might be included
Old 10-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by signosis View Post
Reprogrammed? How much would that cost?

Can't you "reprogram" the TPMS sensor by pressing on the TPMS reset button in the vehicle?
The sensors use a radio signal...They have to mate up your reciever with the radio transmitters in tires. Once that's done you can reset the pressure that the TPMS triggers the light at.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Ahh....didn't know that.

Thanks for the info guys!

Quote:
since they are new sensors toyota needs to use there magic wand to reprogram the new sensors to the computer or else you will have the light on in your truck, the reset button is only when you change tires etc.. And they shouldn't charge since you are spending that kind of money might be included
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
The sensors use a radio signal...They have to mate up your reciever with the radio transmitters in tires. Once that's done you can reset the pressure that the TPMS triggers the light at.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com

no prob