Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Stock Tires - Mileage Rating?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
TTU Ryan is on a distinguished road
TTU Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Tires - Mileage Rating?

Purchased a 2006 DBL Cab TRD Sport Taco in 2006....it had 1100 miles on it....now it has just under 33k

Tread getting low and may have to purchase new tires at about 35k miles...

Does anyone know what the rated mileage is on the stock tires?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
how often did you guys rotate them? ive been doing it every time i change the oil.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I will add that at 35000(ish) when i got new tires the stockers were not 100% worn out, maybe about 15% left
I traded in my '06 and had 39K miles on the original tires. And they still had about 10K left on them. I rotated every other oil change.

The guy even commented on my tires, saying it was unusual for them to be in such good shape at 39K.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Ryan View Post
Purchased a 2006 DBL Cab TRD Sport Taco in 2006....it had 1100 miles on it....now it has just under 33k

most oe tires do not have a mileage rateing
Old 10-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #8
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Ryan View Post

oh and when you do replace them go with the b/s A/T revos
Old 10-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
lakewoodbilly will become famous soon enoughlakewoodbilly will become famous soon enough

Name: Bill
lakewoodbilly's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to lakewoodbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan7p View Post
how often did you guys rotate them? ive been doing it every time i change the oil.
I had a '91 4x4 truck I drove for 17 years. I always put BFG A/T TA KO 30x9.50 15" tires on it. I ran 4 sets of these tires after the stock tires wore out. I put 249K on the truck.
The fourth set I never bothered to rotate - had the same good wear with them as the second and third set which I rotated 3 times over the life of the tire - say about every 12K miles. The first set, I rotated every 8K and they wore out slightly faster.
I believe if they stay properly balanced and inflated, rotation is not necessary.
Had the same luck on a set of Toyo tires I ran on my '03 corolla. Put 65K on them and they had 1/2 of the tread left on them when I upgraded them to the next level of Toyo. I never rotated these either and didn't have any problems what so ever. Again, they stayed properly inflated and balanced.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
they (dunlops)are only rated for 30k miles. my 02 extra cab got 90k on the front 2 and 105k on the rears and i never rotated them. i dont see that happening with my 08 d/c
Old 10-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #11
TTU Ryan is on a distinguished road
TTU Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
Well looks like I am pretty much in line. This is my first truck (used to drive a honda civic)....went to the tire store...DAMN...these mofo's are so much more expensive!

Oh well, time to suck it up and make the purchase....well worth every penny...I love my pickup

Thanks peeps!