Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Can you run front mudflaps with 255/85/16 or 255/80/17 ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #22
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Join the.... 285 side.........
I'm on the fence about it right now
Old 07-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #23
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about you guys but I can't find 255/85/16 cooper s/t's cheaper than ~175. I may just get 15"s and run 33-10.5 bfgs
Old 07-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #24
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
The 255 km2's are nice. My flaps were already off when I got them but I don't think they would've stayed on at full lock. Rims are 4.5bs 17x8 mojaves as well.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #25
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If needed I can run outside at lunch and take some pics at full lock for you.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #26
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Oz I just put 255/80/17s under my truck. They rub a weeeeee bit half turn when backin up. I'm just gonna heat the flap a little n mold it back against the body mount
Old 07-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #27
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
I don't know about you guys but I can't find 255/85/16 cooper s/t's cheaper than ~175. I may just get 15"s and run 33-10.5 bfgs
The km2s more of a round profile at the sidewall/tread. Id imagine the coopers rub a lil bit more
Old 07-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #28
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
If needed I can run outside at lunch and take some pics at full lock for you.
I would appreciate that if you have the time .

Thanks
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Oz I just put 255/80/17s under my truck. They rub a weeeeee bit half turn when backin up. I'm just gonna heat the flap a little n mold it back against the body mount
Good to know

Thank you
Old 07-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #30
Look away, I'm hideous!

Drivers side:

Passenger:

I've got the Toytec ULK, coilovers were adjusted slightly lower than stock to attempt to correct CV angles. I think I adjusted to 1/8" thread on the coilovers. I think that equals 1/4" less lift?
The rims are atx mojaves 17x8 4.5"bs.
I did have to trim on the front the small black plastic but it was barely touching.
Sorry for the semi crappy pics. Cell phone camera + blinding sunlight = not great pics.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics John

Did you get new UCA's when you did your lift ?

I'm just wondering if I could adjust the caster to get the tire slightly more forward in the well .
Old 07-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #32
Look away, I'm hideous!

Yeah I got the LR UCAs. Forgot to mention that.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Yeah I got the LR UCAs. Forgot to mention that.
I have them too .
Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #34
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
I ran some 255/85/16 Interco Trxus tires and I did not rub at all with my OME lift on the front or rear. I was not running front flaps though...it will be a tight fit.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody else wanna chime in ?
Old 07-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #36
XXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
youre gonna have to steer away from the hankooks if you want 255's?
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
youre gonna have to steer away from the hankooks if you want 255's?

Yep , they don't make that size
Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #38
"the soulless ginger"

Oz I did some light off road stuff lastnight. The 255 does the rub the mudflap pretty hard mid steer. I'm gonna try to mold them this morning by just warmin em up with a small torch. If that doesn't work I'm gonna use a heat gun at work that we use for "heat welding" pvc roof membrane together. Ill let ya know how it turns out
Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Oz I did some light off road stuff lastnight. The 255 does the rub the mudflap pretty hard mid steer. I'm gonna try to mold them this morning by just warmin em up with a small torch. If that doesn't work I'm gonna use a heat gun at work that we use for "heat welding" pvc roof membrane together. Ill let ya know how it turns out
Thanks for the feedback
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
My current 265/70/17 Hankook Dynapro M/T's are 31 1/2" tires , and as you can see I currently have only about 5/8" at the narrowest point with the wheel turned part way

I'll be just touching with the 255/80/17 as they are a true 33" tire

Wondering about heating and flattening or cutting the bump in the flap .