Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Can you run front mudflaps with 255/85/16 or 255/80/17 ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #41
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to heat n form my flaps today n it didn't work real well. I'm gonna hafta buy a new set n try again with proper tools
Old 07-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #42
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
I tried to heat n form my flaps today n it didn't work real well. I'm gonna hafta buy a new set n try again with proper tools

I think TW member Fabulous cut the inner bump right off his , I'll have a look for a pic .
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #44
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I may try that in the morning
Old 07-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #45
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I may try that in the morning
Might be worth a shot especially if they are messed up a bit by the heat gun
Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #46
"the soulless ginger"

Hey oz... I cut my flaps today to see how it would work. I left mine the full width(looks like fabulous narrowed his) and left about an inch stick up onto the body mount. I heated them and bent them backwards a little on the inner edge to keep em tight on the body mount. Took it for a ride this afternoon and no rub. Ill get a new set and do em right cause one side doesn't cover the body mount and has a big gap. Ill post pics when I get all that done.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #48
"the soulless ginger"

No rub. Had it twisted to bad today that the doors wouldn't close right. I travel a lot of dirt roads and spend a lot of time off road and don't wanna chip all the paint off my rockers
Old 07-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #49

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
i love my km2's in 255...ditch the flaps they will rub but that tire is well worth it
I'd love to keep the flaps if it works
Old 07-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #50

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No rub. Had it twisted to bad today that the doors wouldn't close right. I travel a lot of dirt roads and spend a lot of time off road and don't wanna chip all the paint off my rockers
Did you try cutting out the flap bump ?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #51
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Coopers, they measure in at 33.21" from Coopers site. Perform well in everything I have run them in
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #52

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did you try cutting out the flap bump ?
Retard alert ^^^^

Sorry Matt , missed your earlier post about cutting the flaps .
Old 07-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #53

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey oz... I cut my flaps today to see how it would work. I left mine the full width(looks like fabulous narrowed his) and left about an inch stick up onto the body mount. I heated them and bent them backwards a little on the inner edge to keep em tight on the body mount. Took it for a ride this afternoon and no rub. Ill get a new set and do em right cause one side doesn't cover the body mount and has a big gap. Ill post pics when I get all that done.
Awesome news
Old 07-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #54

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I love my Coopers, they measure in at 33.21" from Coopers site. Perform well in everything I have run them in
Oliver ,

Have you ever had the chance to run them in snow ?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #55
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No, thats the only place I have yet to test them out. I have been in sand, water, thick as shit mud...no snow yet
Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #56

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, thats the only place I have yet to test them out. I have been in sand, water, thick as shit mud...no snow yet
The coastal snow I get in my area is more like slush , so mud might be a good comparison .

You're running wheel spacers too right ?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #57
Almost there

No sir, specs are 1/2-3/4" wider due to spindles and 16x8 4.5 BS wheels.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #58

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No sir, specs are 1/2-3/4" wider due to spindles and 16x8 4.5 BS wheels.
Gotcha
Old 07-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #59
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
I had to cut the mudflaps and the front wheel well plastic to get 255/85 R16's to fit without rubbing. I have the stock wheels with spidertraxx spacers. KM2 tires
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #60

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibblit View Post
I had to cut the mudflaps and the front wheel well plastic to get 255/85 R16's to fit without rubbing. I have the stock wheels with spidertraxx spacers. KM2 tires
Cut the flaps or lose them ?