LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Can you run front mudflaps with 255/85/16 or 255/80/17 ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Can you run front mudflaps with 255/85/16 or 255/80/17 ?

As the thread title states , can you run front flaps with pizza cutters ?

I've seen a lot of side pics and it looks like there is room but what about at full lock ?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I found these pics , but will the flaps get ripped off when it's running ?

Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #3

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Barlowrs is running them too here

Maybe I answered my own question

Search Noob !!!!

LOL
Old 07-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Maybe I answered my own question

Search Noob !!!!

LOL

I really like the look of the 255s
Old 07-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
bolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to all

bolson's Tacoma Gallery

JK :>
Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
No front flaps , but I liked this pic of the rear well stuffed

Old 07-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No front flaps , but I liked this pic of the rear well stuffed

Yeah thats a bad regular cab.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
me too
It sucks that they're pretty hard to find and expensive
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I'm trying to decide between 255's and 285's for my next set of tires

Keeping the front flaps would be nice for the roads I drive , but there is such a limited number of 255's availible
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I buy from discounttiredirect and the only 255 85 16 they sell is the km2 for around $200 (last I checked).
Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
I buy from discounttiredirect and the only 255 85 16 they sell is the km2 for around $200 (last I checked).
You can about double that price to get them up here
Old 07-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm trying to decide between 255's and 285's for my next set of tires

Keeping the front flaps would be nice for the roads I drive , but there is such a limited number of 255's availible
I would run them if I could afford them. My current 265/75/16 BFGs still have good tread left. I want to run 255s but I'm probably going to go with 285s because they're cheaper. It would be between the KM2s and the Cooper Discoverer s/ts for me if I went with 255s.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
Street glide or die

Quote:
You can about double that price to get them up here
Wow really? Why? Maybe some cali guys can sneak them to you?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow really? Why? Maybe some cali guys can sneak them to you?

Everything is more expensive here , just the way it is .
Old 07-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
shit im only 100 miles from the border.
And 500 miles . and two ferry rides from me .

LOL
Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #16
Street glide or die

Quote:
And 500 miles . and two ferry rides from me .

LOL
Damn OZ why you no live closer to border!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn OZ why you no live closer to border!
I live south of the 49th parallel by about 20 miles , but no where near Idaho
Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #18
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everything is more expensive here , just the way it is .
I noticed that when we were up there last month. Not sure why, but everything is so expensive.

From the border (Bonners Ferry) to Banff, we noticed 8 US license plates. Not a lot of Americans up there anymore. I would like to go back, but price-wise it just doesn't make sense anymore...
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
I noticed that when we were up there last month. Not sure why, but everything is so expensive.

From the border (Bonners Ferry) to Banff, we noticed 8 US license plates. Not a lot of Americans up there anymore. I would like to go back, but price-wise it just doesn't make sense anymore...
Our dollar hit $1.06 US today
Old 07-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Our dollar hit $1.06 US today
That's good for you, I guess?? On top of everything we buy up there, Visa tacks on another 3% Foreign transaction fee. Ouch.