ReTread Tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
iHUNTLEATHERFACE is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Spectre
Name: H.E.L.P.3.R
iHUNTLEATHERFACE's Tacoma Gallery
ReTread Tires?

Has anyone dealt with treadwright tires? Are they a good deal or should i just pay for new tires?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
Pay for new tires. Retreads are never a good idea on passenger vehicles.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Honestly I wouldn't do it. How often are you buying tires?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Just get new tires. I've never trusted re-treads.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
The people who have Treadwrights love them. I have one as a spare, but no other personal experience
Old 07-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
bought a set for my trail tires....drove them 7 hours straight from SC to KY, aired down and wheeled a bit, aired back up and drove another 7 hours straight....no issues to speak of.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
bought a set for my trail tires....drove them 7 hours straight from SC to KY, aired down and wheeled a bit, aired back up and drove another 7 hours straight....no issues to speak of.
How is the weight of the retreads vs. other tires? Meaning are the retreads heavier? If they weigh 100lbs a piece or whatever, the money I save will get eat'n up by the mpg's I loose. If they weigh the same then it's not a bad deal.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
Delandgixxer750 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Todd
Delandgixxer750's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzzHR41zwk
Old 07-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard a bad thing abut them. They are definitely on my short list at replacement time.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
How is the weight of the retreads vs. other tires? Meaning are the retreads heavier? If they weigh 100lbs a piece or whatever, the money I save will get eat'n up by the mpg's I loose. If they weigh the same then it's not a bad deal.

Thanks.
not sure about the weight difference.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #11
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post

Thanks.
Not sure but a few people have reported that they take less weights to balance and stay balanced better. Im considering some for my winter tires
Old 07-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #12
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
I will be trying them out for my next set, brother put a set on his jeep no issues with the tires cant say the same about the jeep LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyTaco View Post
Not sure but a few people have reported that they take less weights to balance and stay balanced better. Im considering some for my winter tires
they have to be static balanced. not all shops can/will do this.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
BGR has a set of retread nitto's I believe, and i know Jamie likes them... I'll be getting a set this fall...

yeah...mine are retreaded dueler ATs. the only bad thing was that one of them shipped as a load range E and the others were D. just need to keep that one on the main drive wheel for added protection
Old 07-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #16
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i hate retreads one blew up on my dually with no load and i had tto replace the whole bed
Old 07-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #17
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
I hear a lot of the FJ guys run them... might be more info on thier page if you looked. That 1 year review update looks pretty good on them though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LihRC...eature=related
Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #18
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
i hate retreads one blew up on my dually with no load and i had tto replace the whole bed
All kinds of tires blow out. My mechanic lost a new tire on his Suburban, which dented the quarter panel and the race trailer he was towing.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
All kinds of tires blow out. My mechanic lost a new tire on his Suburban, which dented the quarter panel and the race trailer he was towing.
no i mean the tread peeled off the tire causing it to blow
Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #20

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
no i mean the tread peeled off the tire causing it to blow
That's what happened to him as well. Completely de-laminated.