Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Don't want to be "that guy"...Rim Question

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Gritesh is on a distinguished road
Gritesh's Tacoma Gallery
Don't want to be "that guy"...Rim Question

Hey there, new to the Tacoma and new to this forum.

I have done all the neccessary reading, but in the end since I am having these shipped to Canada I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I would have any problems with fitment. Also what size of tire I should go with/would look the most bad ass.

I have a 3" lift on my Taco, everything else is stock.

Thanks in advance.

Rim spec's are:
Ultra Gauntlet Black ( Link )
Size: 17x9
Offset:
12mm
Backspacing:
5.43"

Also its between those and the Ultra Barons ( link )

My truck is MGM DC TRD sport. Opinions? Do the gauntlets look too bland all black?

Edit: After doing a bit more reading I think I have it figured out...I should be fine with those rims because the backspacing is almost the same as the factory rims, however the offset is considerably less, which means they will have a "deeper dish" appearance? (when compared to stock Sport Rims..30mm vs 12 mm)
Old 08-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
Sb_Bob_E10 is a glorious beacon of lightSb_Bob_E10 is a glorious beacon of lightSb_Bob_E10 is a glorious beacon of lightSb_Bob_E10 is a glorious beacon of lightSb_Bob_E10 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bobby
Sb_Bob_E10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post
Hey there, new to the Tacoma and new to this forum.

I have done all the neccessary reading, but in the end since I am having these shipped to Canada I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I would have any problems with fitment. Also what size of tire I should go with/would look the most bad ass.

I have a 3" lift on my Taco, everything else is stock.

Thanks in advance.

Rim spec's are:
Ultra Gauntlet Black ( Link )
Size: 17x9
Offset: 12mm
Backspacing: 5.43"

Also its between those and the Ultra Barons ( link )

My truck is MGM DC TRD sport. Opinions? Do the gauntlets look too bland all black?

Edit: After doing a bit more reading I think I have it figured out...I should be fine with those rims because the backspacing is almost the same as the factory rims, however the offset is considerably less, which means they will have a "deeper dish" appearance? (when compared to stock Sport Rims..30mm vs 12 mm)

Hi, There.
What three inch lift do you have? I have all black wheels and am all for them, I think the half black half chrome look a bit tacky. Thats my opinion, everyone for there own. I also have Duratracs, they are an aggresive all-terrain- I've had no problems with them, love them and get a lot of compliments for them. CHeck out my pics.

You actually want -12 offset, 6 on 5.5 and 4.5 backspacing.

The part you want is:

237-7983B* 17x9 4 1/2 -12 6-5.5
70.4mm A89-9865B 106.1mm* 2200 35

These are my current specs and fit perfect!
17x9Black6 on 5.5-12 mm4.47

I hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Bobby, your truck looks sick! where did you purchase your rims from and how much if you don't mind me asking? also do you or anyone you know got any 265 or 285's for 17's by chance?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sb_Bob_E10 View Post
Hi, There.
What three inch lift do you have? I have all black wheels and am all for them, I think the half black half chrome look a bit tacky. Thats my opinion, everyone for there own. I also have Duratracs, they are an aggresive all-terrain- I've had no problems with them, love them and get a lot of compliments for them. CHeck out my pics.

You actually want -12 offset, 6 on 5.5 and 4.5 backspacing.

The part you want is:

237-7983B* 17x9 4 1/2 -12 6-5.5
70.4mm A89-9865B 106.1mm* 2200 35

These are my current specs and fit perfect!
17x9Black6 on 5.5-12 mm4.47

I hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions.
The specs listed above are idea for fitting 33's.

OP what tire size do you plan on running. If only a 265, then you can make either the ones you selected, or the ones Sb_bob posted, work.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
upsidedownviking is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
upsidedownviking's Tacoma Gallery
Bought winter tires and rims yesterday sort of on a whim, should have checked here first. No snow yet so they are stacked in my garage, I'll have to try one on tonight, went with:

Ultra motorsport Gauntlet 17x9's with the 12mm and 5.43

Wrapped in Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5's 265/70R17's overall dia. 31.6 width of 10.7

Lame that I may have to change it up tomorrow, least the lines aren't too long here yet as soon as snow flies forget about it! I'll post again when I try one on and drive around the block
Old 09-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
upsidedownviking is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
upsidedownviking's Tacoma Gallery
Went home at lunch and tried one on the front. At least an inch of clearance turned to either extreme from the UCA's and from the fender at the front of the well.

Now I just with the hub cover didn't stick out so far, may need some customizing.

Products Discussed in this Thread