Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

stock tires are lame

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
stock tires are lame

the stock sport TRD tires look lame as hell...and apparently suck according to a couple tirerack reviews. they are the bridgeston dueler h/t d684II

I am stock height and stock wheels (17"). any good year-round tire? Im thinking about getting some snow tires on steel rims....or if i can find a set of regular rims that wont break the bank i will put the snows on the stock rims and get a whole new set for summer. what do you guys think?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
ttt?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
bcmedic will become famous soon enoughbcmedic will become famous soon enough
bcmedic's Tacoma Gallery
my bfg a/t on my stock trd offroad rocks my pants
Old 10-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
well, i am seeing various opinions on tire sizes. was hoping someone could come up with a size that really works. i heard anything bigger than 265/75 wont fit, then i hear that they will work if bigger- i am currently stock height and will probably stay that way for atleast a year or 2.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
yes the eo tires suck when u do replace them
try looking at B/S A/T revos
Old 10-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are even worse.... Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 POS LOL
Old 10-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I can agree.....and why I wouldn't ever buy them again. I wish they'd wear out faster so I can get rid of them.

...I can't justify the money in buying new tires before these wear out.
+1
Old 10-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
i like the bridgestone REVO, those are nice A/T tires, I heard the goodwear wrangle A/T sucks ass because of short wear also... the BFG A/T tires are very very hard to balance! Heavy i guess.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #13
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
sorry
Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #14
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I can agree.....and why I wouldn't ever buy them again. I wish they'd wear out faster so I can get rid of them.

...I can't justify the money in buying new tires before these wear out.
Ditto...I'll life mine before I trade out tires right now. Good rubber is meant to use...=)
Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #15
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
i like the bridgestone REVO, those are nice A/T tires, I heard the goodwear wrangle A/T sucks ass because of short wear also... the BFG A/T tires are very very hard to balance! Heavy i guess.

Really? I installed prolly hundreds of the BFG At's of all sizes when I worked at the tire shop. I never had any problems! In my opinion they are the best AT tire made. Now the old style BFG MT's they were bad to balance!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #16
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ya my new truck has the same tire you have Roy.. I am trying my best to wear them down as fast as I can! Expecially after I found the new BFG MT KM for sale for $95 a piece. I will be buying these soon!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:15 AM   #17
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running mine April-Nov for 4 yrs(Snow tires on 16's steelies in winter). Will be glad to replace them with a better A grade H/T tire next spring. They're good on the dry, but on wide TRD Sport rims have a tendancy to hydroplane in heavy rain. Also clog easily off-road (it is an H/T thou). If you dont get much snow, you can get by taking it easy. For heavy winter conditions they dont cut it. Would upgrade to a well sipped all-season if you just want one set of wheels or run winter tires for the ultimate setup.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #18
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 and they are ok on the highway but with all the off road, dirt road driving I do on the job I am considering the Michelin LT2's as I do as much on road as off road driving!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #19
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post

I feel your pain, I am trying to get mine to wear down as soon as I can

-Dan