Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS light still on...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS light still on...

I had a nail removed from one of my tires and the light is still on... it came on the day after Discount Tire patched my wheel. I brought the truck to a gas station to fill up the tire since it was around 3psi below the other 3 tires. So I am around 38-39 psi for all 4 tires with still the light on??

What is the correct psi for 265/75/16 nitto TG's? I also cannot find a thread for the life of me to reset my TPMS light can someone let me know how to do this.

Thanks everybody!
~Slim
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

^ scratch the reset I found my owners manual!! Yes!!!

But as for the correct tire pressure let me know if I am ok at that PSI.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
should say in the doorjam or glovebox?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #4

^ They are aftermarket tires though... Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/75/16's
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Looking at reviews of the tire- 65 psi max- and 40 psi starts to have some mpg suffering...so I might bump it up a bit.

You can tailor your pressure loading to suit you purpose and ride-Lower pressure = softer ride but lower mpg. Higher pressure tends to get the oppsite effect. So play around a bit and see what you like!!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #6

alright cool i will fill them up to about 45 today since I am below the norm. Also I rather get better MPG since I drive a lot for work.

Thanks!!
~Slim