Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG AT or Nitto Terra for $150 more??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
wangluoqis is on a distinguished road
wangluoqis's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT or Nitto Terra for $150 more??

dont think still will go with the mud terrain because too much snow in the winter.
the cheapest quotes I got are ::

All-Terrain T/A KO $1140 CAD from costco
Nitto Terra Grapper $1284.76 CAD in Kaitire on sale of $15off on each, tomorrow will be the last day
Both of them are 285/75r16.

give me some helps.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
It's gonna come down to which one you think looks the best. There are a ton of people who love BFG and there are a ton of people who swear by the terra grapplers. I personally loved my BFG's, great all around tire in wet and dry pavement and off road.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
acharney is on a distinguished road
acharney's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the Nitto terra Grapplers and while they look pretty cool and seem like they will probably perform well, they are way too loud on the highway. I don't know why everyone else seems to say they are "quiet", because the hum is driving me crazy, it's like driving next to a semi all the time. Just last week I got the opportunity to drive a Ford F-150 which had new BF Goodrich Rugged Trails and they were great! Nice and quiet on the highway and performed well off road. If I had to do it all again I would definitely not get the Nittos and go with BF Goodrich, specifically if you are concerned about highway noise...
Old 08-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard the BF's are great off-road, but not so great on snow.
Since you mention that is a concern in your area, I'd go w/ the Nittos.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangluoqis View Post
dont think still will go with the mud terrain because too much snow in the winter.

Nitto Terra Grapper $1284.76 CAD in Kaitire on sale of $15off on each, tomorrow will be the last day

give me some helps.
thats a hell of a lot of money for the Nittos, but then again your in Canada right ? so they will be more expensive then here in the states. I would probably go with the BFG's if it was my choice. I had the Terra Crapplers and they wore too quick for me, got maybe like 30k out of them
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra, they lasted me 66000 miles, and they were not completely shot either
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangluoqis View Post

give me some helps.
hey man go to onlinetires.com and get the price of the nittos then go to a local americas tire or discount tire (same store) and they will price match then buy from them. its what i did and i payed $725 out the door. hope this helps
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
bdd151 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Brian
bdd151's Tacoma Gallery
I've had BFG's in the past on other vehicles and I liked them. Have you looked at General AT2's? Alot like the BFG AT look. Im running them now and Im very pleased. Got mine in the size you looking at for around 800 ish shipped to the house.