1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BFG AT or Nitto Terra for $150 more??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wangluoqis, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jul 29, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    wangluoqis

wangluoqis [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Regina Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DC SR5
    dont think still will go with the mud terrain because too much snow in the winter.
    the cheapest quotes I got are ::

All-Terrain T/A KO $1140 CAD from costco
    Nitto Terra Grapper $1284.76 CAD in Kaitire on sale of $15off on each, tomorrow will be the last day
    Both of them are 285/75r16.

give me some helps.

2. Jul 29, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    JML50

JML50 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It's gonna come down to which one you think looks the best. There are a ton of people who love BFG and there are a ton of people who swear by the terra grapplers. I personally loved my BFG's, great all around tire in wet and dry pavement and off road.

3. Aug 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    acharney

acharney Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    I just got the Nitto terra Grapplers and while they look pretty cool and seem like they will probably perform well, they are way too loud on the highway. I don't know why everyone else seems to say they are "quiet", because the hum is driving me crazy, it's like driving next to a semi all the time. Just last week I got the opportunity to drive a Ford F-150 which had new BF Goodrich Rugged Trails and they were great! Nice and quiet on the highway and performed well off road. If I had to do it all again I would definitely not get the Nittos and go with BF Goodrich, specifically if you are concerned about highway noise...

4. Aug 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    I've heard the BF's are great off-road, but not so great on snow.
    Since you mention that is a concern in your area, I'd go w/ the Nittos.

5. Aug 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    thats a hell of a lot of money for the Nittos, but then again your in Canada right ? so they will be more expensive then here in the states. I would probably go with the BFG's if it was my choice. I had the Terra Crapplers and they wore too quick for me, got maybe like 30k out of them

6. Aug 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    Snoyota

Snoyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Marin County, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black Dbl Cab Sport
    3" King coilovers with resi, king rear shocks with resi, ome dakar leafs, 4xinnovation kickout sliders, CBI front bumper, warn M8000 winch K&N filter. Pioneer deckplate with 500w alpine amp and 13" Focal Sub
    Nitto Terra, they lasted me 66000 miles, and they were not completely shot either

7. Aug 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    SuperWhiteTaco

SuperWhiteTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    '11 SW Prerunner DCLB
    4" Camburg Spindles, 5100's, 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, 17x9 XD Addicts, Window Tint, Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40, Debadged, 6k HID's
    hey man go to onlinetires.com and get the price of the nittos then go to a local americas tire or discount tire (same store) and they will price match then buy from them. its what i did and i payed $725 out the door. hope this helps :)

8. Aug 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    bdd151

bdd151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit with Dakar Rear Springs, LR UCA's, AFE Catback, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover, Tacoma bed mat, Katzkin Leather interior, heated seats, Nfab nerf bars and light bar.
    I've had BFG's in the past on other vehicles and I liked them. Have you looked at General AT2's? Alot like the BFG AT look. Im running them now and Im very pleased. Got mine in the size you looking at for around 800 ish shipped to the house.

Products Discussed in

To Top