Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How big of tires can I run with a 3" body lift on a 2001 Tacoma?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
How big of tires can I run with a 3" body lift on a 2001 Tacoma?

I have recently put a new 3" Performance Accessories body lift on my 2001 regular cab Tacoma and it looks like crap with 31's. I was wondering how big of a tire I can run and also if you could recommend what type of tire that is a light mudder but mainly a good all-terrain. I have heard both good and bad things about the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A, and I love the look of Mickey Tompson Baja MTZ. I just would like some input on what type and size of tire I need.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
with some trimming, you can fit a 285/75/16 under there. as far as tires go...take your pick really. so many different ones to choose from.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Denney View Post
I have recently put a new 3" Performance Accessories body lift on my 2001 regular cab Tacoma and it looks like crap with 31's. I was wondering how big of a tire I can run and also if you could recommend what type of tire that is a light mudder but mainly a good all-terrain. I have heard both good and bad things about the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A, and I love the look of Mickey Tompson Baja MTZ. I just would like some input on what type and size of tire I need.
I have personal experiences with both tires you mentioned. The BFG A/T was a great tire for me - lasted quite a while. Just keep them rotated.

The Mickey Thompson Bajas (or at least when I owned a set about 10 years ago) were a very soft tire. I bet I didn't get 10-15K miles on them before having to switch tires.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Only 10-15 k miles!? Really? Wow. Thanks for shedding some light on my situation.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #6

My uncle has those on his 08 Tundra, and they are loud! They sing like no other tire I have ever heard. But they sure make it look so aggressive. YOu running stock rims?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #8

Yeah I'm not dissing the KM2's. I love their humming. You don't need new rims with that size tire I was just wondering.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Denney View Post
Yeah I'm not dissing the KM2's. I love their humming. You don't need new rims with that size tire I was just wondering.
285 is as wide as you can go on the stock rims. However, they will rub on the UCAs (unless you get rims with a *smaller?* backspacing) - one of the reasons I ordered the total chaos UCAs (also solves the rubbing problem as well as correct some alignment issues).