Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Dealership Alignment Advise Needed-

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
Jay_bruce is on a distinguished road
Jay_bruce's Tacoma Gallery
Dealership Alignment Advise Needed-

Need some advise...I have the 5100's up front set at 1.75" with stock TRD 265 70r 16's. Ordered some 285's Nittos on MB Predator rims. My new shoes are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

When my Toyota dealership installed my TSB rear leaf, their alignment machine was broke, so they owe me an alignment. (BTW- yes, at a different shop, I had an alignment done after the 5100 install)

Here my question: Should I have the dealership align my truck with the stock 265's or should I install the 285's and then have the alignment? I really hate to go into the dealership with bigger tires, especially since I bought the extended warranty which does not cover after market parts that cause problems. Already, I have the billy's and they may comment about those.

What are your thoughts? I'm kinda torn on this issue-

Jay
Old 10-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think that different sized tires will affect the alignment...people are willing to correct me if i'm wrong. people i knew that ran 18's would throw stock 15-16's on to get an alignment done if the alignment machine the people had wouldnt do oversized rims
Old 10-21-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Go get it done tire size doesnt affect alligment
Old 10-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
if i understand what you are saying new tires old tires
the alignment is the same
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
Jay_bruce is on a distinguished road
Jay_bruce's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I am referring to the tires. I heard rumors that the tire size didn't matter with an alignment, just wanted to be sure.

Thanks to all!

Jay
Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
tire size does not
Old 10-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Size doesn't matter, but tread wear does. If the "old" tires are, in fact, pretty old (IE worn), if could/will affect the alignment. Espescially after you put on the new tires. Just my 2 cents.