Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Pro Comp Wheels on Back Order?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp Wheels on Back Order?

Anybody else having issues with Pro Comp wheels being on back order?

I'm trying to pick up a set of 8089's in 17x8 from 4 Wheel Parts. First, I called the order center and they said that they were on back order until December. So then, I called the local store nearest me (Jacksonville, Fl), and the guy said he had two in stock, but didn't know when he would get any more due to them being on back order.

Does any one have any suggestions on where to pick up a couple of these wheels for around the same price as 4 Wheel Parts has them ($131.00)?

I gotta make a move while I've got the wife's support on this!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried Ebay?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #3

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
Have you tried Ebay?
Yea, didn't see anything.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
LoneWanderer will become famous soon enough

Name: Randy
LoneWanderer's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a set of 8069's from 4wheelonline in 15x8 and they shipped out the next day.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
i think you might be out of luck. Ive heard procomp is having problems overseas with their manufacturer. So you might be waiting for awhile.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
TacomaHog is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Sqd LDR 3rd Plt, Bco 1-32 IN
Name: Tom
TacomaHog's Tacoma Gallery
im looking at some procomp wheels and am just curious if they are worth buying. are they a good quality? and would it be safe to get a 5" backspace if i only need 4.5
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #7

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
i think you might be out of luck. Ive heard procomp is having problems overseas with their manufacturer. So you might be waiting for awhile.
This is what I was told as well--something to do with the Chinese taking the whole month of July off for a holiday and now all wholesale orders are at least a month behind.

However, I got lucky, I found the other two I needed online at StreetSide. They should be in tomorrow and I should have everything on by Thursday. I'll post pics ASAP!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #8
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaHog View Post
im looking at some procomp wheels and am just curious if they are worth buying. are they a good quality? and would it be safe to get a 5" backspace if i only need 4.5
Quality is fine. like most truck alloy wheels they are gravity cast. Idk why you would want a higher back spacing though, you want them more sunken in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt79 View Post
This is what I was told as well--something to do with the Chinese taking the whole month of July off for a holiday and now all wholesale orders are at least a month behind.

However, I got lucky, I found the other two I needed online at StreetSide. They should be in tomorrow and I should have everything on by Thursday. I'll post pics ASAP!
yea you did get lucky. most people are stuck waiting for months.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #9

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Got my Pro Comps in. Getting 'em put on tomorrow.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got my Pro Comps in. Getting 'em put on tomorrow.

if you are putting them on a 4x4, you may have the wrong bolt pattern there...
Old 08-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #11

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, you just "let the air outta my tires" if you know what I mean. I was so excited that I didn't even notice it. Well, I'm pissed and it looks like I'll still be waiting on getting the wheels and tires on. UGH!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude, you just "let the air outta my tires" if you know what I mean. I was so excited that I didn't even notice it. Well, I'm pissed and it looks like I'll still be waiting on getting the wheels and tires on. UGH!
sorry... try Unique Wheels and Allied Wheel Company to see if they make that style... they may not be back ordered... i believe they cast their wheels here in the U.S....
Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #13

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Street Side screwed up and sent the wrong wheels. I ordered 8089-7883's and they sent 8089-7885's. Sent them back and they are sending out the right ones--luckily, they did have them in stock.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
they are having to find someone to manufacture their wheels over a 'disagreement' in china.

some are in stock, some aint...if it aint, be prepared to wait. we just got done with a pro comp group buy and this all happened toward the end of it and some folks got caught up in it.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #16

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC View Post
nicee post pictures asap!
I'll do it! Probably be next week sometime before they come in and I get them on.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #17

i need a 4.5 with 285/70/16 to keep from rubbing. i was just wondering if the .5 more would be an issue
Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #18
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i need a 4.5 with 285/70/16 to keep from rubbing. i was just wondering if the .5 more would be an issue
Back a few years ago, I had 285/70/17 Good Year Silent Armor Tires on stock sport rims, The tires were very close (about 1/4" away) to the upper control arms, but did not rub at all. Then I put 3" lift on my truck and bought COOPER DISCOVERER STT tires in 305/70/16 and American Eagle 185 rims with a 4" backspace and they are still about 1/4" away but do not rub. If you go with 5" backspace, it would most likely rub. Not sure, but sounds to me like it would rub.

These rims are usually on ebay for about $485 for a set of 4 with free lug nuts and center caps as well as free shipping.
It has been a few years, and now I just spray painted the rims, lugs & center caps all black. It just got tough trying to clean the chrome stuff after wheeling.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #19

ok so i got the back spacing backwards. the bigger the number the closer the tire to the inside? im still learning all this stuff. but i have some time before i get all that i want so i have some time. thanks for the input
Old 08-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #20
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok so i got the back spacing backwards. the bigger the number the closer the tire to the inside? im still learning all this stuff. but i have some time before i get all that i want so i have some time. thanks for the input
Think I made an error. It was 4" backspace on my rims. Here's a set for sale on ebay for $444:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMERI...#ht_2110wt_958