Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper AT3 Opinions

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #41
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
I'm actually going to buy some hankooks friday, dynapro atm, those have good reviews and right now i currently run cooper ATRs which are good tires (they last forever) but I want something better and aggressive and in my budget.
I have heard nothing but good things about the Hankooks, they seem to be a great tire! I've got ATR's not also and I'm sad to see them go but they're a safety risk. The AT3's are supposed to be quieter and smoother than the ATR and are actually rated at 55k miles vs 50k for the ATR's. Reviews on the AT3's will start Saturday!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #42
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this on the other current AT3 thread too, but just read this article in Truck Trend magazine: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/c...iscoverer.html
Old 08-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #43
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
OK, here are the pics!
The truck with the old ATR's in 265/65R17

New Cooper AT3's in 265/70R17

Initial review, I only drive about 25 miles home from the tire shop but here it goes: The ATR's I had got louder as they got older. They were never a loud tire but you knew you weren't on a highway touring tire. I can't see these being quieter, they do have a very very low howl from them. It's not bad at all but they won't be quieter than the ATR's as they age. They are very smooth tires and track better than the ATR's. They don't seem to wander like the ATR's did. Overall, I'm very happy so far and will update this once I start really putting some miles on the tires.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #45

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Update on the AT3's, they are a great tire! We got a ton of rain in the last few weeks and a lot of the back roads are flooded in spots. Unfortunately you can't see the flooded areas until you come around a blind corner and there's an 8" deep puddle in front of you. These tires hold on very well under wet conditions and really fight hydroplaning. I've also gotten to use them towing and hauling. I was worried they'd squat too much because they're a P-rated tire but they handled great, didn't even have to add more pressure. I would definitely recommend these tires to someone considering a moderately aggressive A/T tire.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #46
wags is on a distinguished road
wags's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'll probably be putting these on my 2012 Tacoma this Tuesday when I pick it up from dealer. I'm still curious about SNOW since most reviews revolved around dry, wet and muddy conditions. May I say they all were positive.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #47
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Looks like I'll probably be putting these on my 2012 Tacoma this Tuesday when I pick it up from dealer. I'm still curious about SNOW since most reviews revolved around dry, wet and muddy conditions. May I say they all were positive.
These tires just debuted this spring so there hasnt been any time to get snow reviews yet. However, I am getting these pretty soon as well
Old 11-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #49
Wyowill is on a distinguished road
Wyowill's Tacoma Gallery
I am running the AT3 on my 05 sc. Happy with the performance. Had GOOD experiences with Cooper tires in the past.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #51
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I love Boobs ( . Y . )
Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #52
completenirvana is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: USMC Veteran, Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
completenirvana's Tacoma Gallery
mpg's

I skimmed through the posts on here and didn't see anything about the mpg's. I'm thinking about switching from 285/70R17 discoverer stt's to 265/70R17 discoverer at3's. Really hoping I get my gas mileage and my power back that I lost when I put those huge stt's on.

How's everyones mpg's been with these on? Anyone with lifts running them?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #53

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by completenirvana View Post
I skimmed through the posts on here and didn't see anything about the mpg's. I'm thinking about switching from 285/70R17 discoverer stt's to 265/70R17 discoverer at3's. Really hoping I get my gas mileage and my power back that I lost when I put those huge stt's on.

I noticed a slight mileage change going from 265/65R17 to 265/70R17. I'm actually doing a little better with the taller tire (as long as I go easy in the city). I'm running the P rated version though so it's a lighter tire.

Just got them in the snow today also and they are great! Very happy with the way they handle the white stuff
Old 01-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #54
J-Rob #3 has a spectacular aura aboutJ-Rob #3 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
J-Rob #3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by completenirvana View Post

My gas mileage actually went from somewhere between 18-19 to anything within the 20-22.5 range. But that's on the highway. And I have the 2.7 liter. But I've also got heavier rims with the FJ Anthracites. Just throwing it out there. I've probably got the most mileage on mine so far (from what I've been reading about on here) and the tread is still looking good with about 8,000 miles already on them.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #55
bd129766 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
bd129766's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 06 Prerunner with a 4.0 V6 with 5100's all around and the fronts at .85" for a level stance. Im currently running P245/75R16 rugged trails on 16x8.5 aftermarket wheels. I was going to be getting Cooper Discoverer AT3 as my next set of tires soon. Im debating upgrading to P265/75R16, but was wondering about if there would be any noticable mpg and power lost going to this slightly taller and wider tire. Thanks for any helpful responses.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #57
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
You mean this thread isn't about boobs? I'm out
Old 01-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #58

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd129766 View Post
i have a 06 Prerunner with a 4.0 V6 with 5100's all around and the fronts at .85" for a level stance. Im currently running P245/75R16 rugged trails on 16x8.5 aftermarket wheels. I was going to be getting Cooper Discoverer AT3 as my next set of tires soon. Im debating upgrading to P265/75R16, but was wondering about if there would be any noticable mpg and power lost going to this slightly taller and wider tire. Thanks for any helpful responses.
I started with 245/75R16 Dunlops, then went to 265/65R17 and now 265/70R17. I did notice a slight mileage drop (about 2 mpg) going from the 245 to 265 tires, no power loss though. When I then went from a 265/65 to a 265/70, I got some of that mileage back on the highway, no difference in the city as long as I keep my foot out of it. Again, no noticeable power loss.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #59

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
You mean this thread isn't about boobs? I'm out
Just stick to the first post
Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #60
bd129766 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
bd129766's Tacoma Gallery
thanks Pugga that helps alot with the decision. Do u have any expirience with these down rough gravel road and light mud? Again thanks for any helpfull replies