LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

5 Lug Tire Size Question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
Lil RED Riding TACO
LiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LiL KaStOuT's Tacoma Gallery
5 Lug Tire Size Question

Hi guys,

I am wondering what the tallest tire is for the factory 14" wheels on a stock 1st gen 5 lug. Also, I am wondering what the tallest tire is for a 15" wheel?

thanks
Old 08-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Lil RED Riding TACO
LiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiL KaStOuT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LiL KaStOuT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Tagged for info!

Also, we will be doing a 1.5" spacer lift up front and we'd like to get at least 1" more tire under it if possible.

Thanks for the help.
Im not sure I want the spacer lift, I rather go with a spindle lift like we discussed before.. But we will see how it goes.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure they make a spacer lift for the 1st gen 5 luggers. I looked long and hard and the only thing I found was spindles or new coils. On mine I had 235/75/15 tires on it before any lift. It worked but rubbed the wheel wells in the front if I hit big bumps or if I had 2 passengers with me in the cab it was enough weight to bring the front down slightly and it rubbed in turns. I have no idea about 14" wheels and yours is probably different because it's an early 1st gen but that's my experience. The 235s looked good to me without lift but after a 3" spindle they look a hair on the small side
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input!

We did find some coil spacers for the 5 lug, 1.5" lift by Daystar, $40 shipped. http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...KT09113TA.html

Spacers obviously aren't the ideal way to go but options are extremely limited for these 5-lug trucks. She does want to lift the whole truck, but what she really needs right now is just enough lift in the front to clear larger wheels and tires. I'm hoping to clear a 29" or at the very least a 28" tire without rubbing. The 235/75-15s are a 29" tire, 215/75-15 is a 28" tire, and right now she has 215/70-14s which are 26" tires. With a 1.5" lift and 2-3" more tire under the truck, I think she'll be happy with the stance and it will be capable enough to take most forest roads for camping and such.

These are the wheels she's buying, http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/52..._pn=PCW52-5765 Pro Comp 52 Series in 15x7 with 3.75" backspacing.

We're not sure which tires we're going with yet, but based on your recommendation we're considering these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-235...Q5fAccessories

These are the same ones in 215s http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-215...Q5fAccessories
Old 08-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
general grabber at2 has a 27 or 28 for the stock wheel. not sure what will fit at full bump though. and as far as rubbing while turning the either tire should be ok. but really depends on wheel and backspacing too
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #11
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say the 235s will be perfect for what you've got. If you have any access to a similar wheel/tire combo to try out I'd recommend it. I had a godsend at our shop at school when my teacher sent me out to get a tire outside that needed a plug... it happened to be a stock 5 lug steelie with 235 mud tire on it off his buddy's 5 lug taco. I tried it on mine and it cleared turning but I didn't take into account the rubbing with the suspension cycling.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #13

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The rubbing on mine really didn't hurt anything it just scared the shit out of me whenever it hit. But hey if they do rub... i suppose your only choice is to go for those spindles you wanted in the first place
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
the spacer will help at ride height not much but it will. but the front suspension on these trucks is soft so any bump and you rub on fenders and such

Products Discussed in this Thread