Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

255/80/17 KM2's now siped ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
255/80/17 KM2's now siped ?

I have been looking at the KM2's and had always heard that they were not siped .

The BFG site says the centre blocks are deeply siped , anybody with any knowledge if this is a new thing or a typo ?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/tire-s...2/tire-details
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a dude on this thread I googled and he had them siped buy Discount...here's the thread if you care to read through it

http://www.gitout.com/bfg-km2-mud-te...art-1-on-road/
Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Theres a dude on this thread I googled and he had them siped buy Discount...here's the thread if you care to read through it

Thanks Scott

According to the pic and info in my original link , it looks like they come siped now
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Thanks Scott

It looks like they come siped now
yea I was looking at that. Thats a good thing for sure!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #5

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea I was looking at that. Thats a good thing for sure!
The poor performance on snow was the only thing holding me back from getting this size and tire next .
Old 08-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #6

Quote:
The poor performance on snow was the only thing holding me back from getting this size and tire next .
Yea for sure...I don't have to worry bout that much here lol. But for the little weather we do get it'd come in handy...plus they'll wear a little better too right? Or not necessarily??
Old 08-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea for sure...I don't have to worry bout that much here lol. But for the little weather we do get it'd come in handy...plus they'll wear a little better too right? Or not necessarily??
Looks like they left the outer blocks unsiped to keep them from chunking out , I'm not sure how siping the centre blocks affects the wear rate of them .

I need snow traction in winter so I'm happy if they are siped .
Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Looks like they left the outer blocks unsiped to keep them from chunking out , I'm not sure how siping the centre blocks affects the wear rate of them .

I need snow traction in winter so I'm happy if they are siped .
Well, I look forward to your review on them
Old 08-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, I look forward to your review on them
Haha

me too
Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Haha

me too
so your gonna go with the 255s eh? Oh-Man runs them out here and their MEAN as hell looking!

I've been trying to decide which tire i'm gonna go with...I like the General Red Labels but their impossible to find. The Cooper STT's are great looking and so are the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ...now you got me thinking about the KM2s lol! I'll end up going with a 285/75/16 though, unless I get my spindles by then...then i'll run 295s.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so your gonna go with the 255s eh? Oh-Man runs them out here and their MEAN as hell looking!

I've been trying to decide which tire i'm gonna go with...I like the General Red Labels but their impossible to find. The Cooper STT's are great looking and so are the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ...now you got me thinking about the KM2s lol! I'll end up going with a 285/75/16 though, unless I get my spindles by then...then i'll run 295s.
I really want to try to keep my front flaps , and lots running the 255's have been able to do that .

I drive on a lot of stoney gravel roads and the rocks kick up everywhere .
Old 08-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #12

Quote:
I really want to try to keep my front flaps , and lots running the 255's have been able to do that .

I drive on a lot of stoney gravel roads and the rocks kick up everywhere .
yea thats one thing that sucks about not having the flaps...when i'm out in the desert, shit flies EVERYWHERE lol
Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm hitting the sack , later Scott
Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #14

Quote:
I'm hitting the sack , later Scott
Later bud
Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for a bit more daytime discussion

Anybody buy these tires recently and notice that they were siped ?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I not too concerned about offroad , aired down performance , I'm more interested in the siping for my snow driving needs in winter .

Boyd , what do you mean " they spin freely in rain " ? As in no traction on wet pavement ?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have been looking at the KM2's and had always heard that they were not siped .

The BFG site says the centre blocks are deeply siped , anybody with any knowledge if this is a new thing or a typo ?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/tire-s...2/tire-details
They've always come that way.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
They've always come that way.
Are you sure ?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This guy had to get his siped ^^^^