LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

LUG NUTS Question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-FA...item1e58874c7c

Will this fit a Moto Metal 957 wheels? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Also what size tires for this rims? Please help.
No, moto metals take conical seat lugs, and the ones you linked are "mag" style shank and washer.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
No, moto metals take conical seat lugs, and the ones you linked are "mag" style shank and washer.
Gotta pay attention to your nuts
Old 08-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Gotta pay attention to your nuts
i KNOW nuts
Old 08-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We have some Spline Drive Extended Thread Nuts that work really well on Aluminum wheels.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i KNOW nuts
Quoted, this could be sig worthy
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
We have some Spline Drive Extended Thread Nuts that work really well on Aluminum wheels.
I have these and I love them. They grab way more thread than standard lugs, which on our trucks is important because of the notoriously short studs.

And I bought them from wheelers and I was very happy with their customer service.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:

What size I need for this wheels? Also dose the rim I choose is right?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
What size I need for this wheels? Also dose the rim I choose is right?
You need 12 x 1.5

The rim selection looks to be fine.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
jgang is on a distinguished road
jgang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

OK, this might be a solution to my problem. I want to run a set of old school 16x8 KMC wheels, but they just barely hit my calipers when I try to mount them up. (Ground of about 1/16" of the caliper, but chickened out in going further.) If I were to use a couple of your 1/4" spacers with these extended thread lugs, I'd have about the same amount of thread to lug contact as stock.

Is this sound thinking or do I just need to (finally!) ditch these wheels and move on?

Any idea when those spline drive lugs will be available in black? I guess they don't need to be spline drive if there's a comparable lug in "traditional" style.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgang View Post
OK, this might be a solution to my problem. I want to run a set of old school 16x8 KMC wheels, but they just barely hit my calipers when I try to mount them up. (Ground of about 1/16" of the caliper, but chickened out in going further.) If I were to use a couple of your 1/4" spacers with these extended thread lugs, I'd have about the same amount of thread to lug contact as stock.

Is this sound thinking or do I just need to (finally!) ditch these wheels and move on?

Any idea when those spline drive lugs will be available in black? I guess they don't need to be spline drive if there's a comparable lug in "traditional" style.
No one makes extended thread lugs of any kind in black.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
jgang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No one makes extended thread lugs of any kind in black.
Hope it's only a matter of time.....
Old 08-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hope it's only a matter of time.....
I wouldn't get your hopes up. How long have black rims been popular now? And still no one has made them....
Old 08-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
jgang's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, why is that anyway? Supply and demand I guess. Have to stick with the extended "standard" drive nuts in black I guess.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, why is that anyway? Supply and demand I guess. Have to stick with the extended "standard" drive nuts in black I guess.
What do you mean by "extended standard"? There are o extended thread lugs of any kind in black,
Old 08-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #16
jgang's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I'd seen some somewhere...maybe the were just the longer nuts vs the shorter and didn't have that "thread extension." I couldn't find them in a quick Google search....my bad.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:26 AM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought I'd seen some somewhere...maybe the were just the longer nuts vs the shorter and didn't have that "thread extension." I couldn't find them in a quick Google search....my bad.
Oh, the longer lug nut won't do any good since the studs are so short. Longer lut nuts are for vehicles with really long studs.