Suggestions on new tires PLEASE!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Joe's Auto Detail
tacomacntry is on a distinguished road

tacomacntry's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomacntry
Suggestions on new tires PLEASE!

Ok soo the Bridgestone Duelers are wearin out on the new TRD sport wheels. I need suggestions from you guys on what tires to go with..Id love to step up to a 33" but as most of you may know the offset on these wheels is not tire size friendly...I would like to stay skinny as possible..10.50/11.00/11.50...let me know what you think which route i should go so I can plan the next set of tires...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
acharney is on a distinguished road
acharney's Tacoma Gallery
I'm no expert but I can give you my opinion. I recently bought tires for my 09 TRD Sport at NTB tire, which luckily has a 30 day ride guarantee, and went through 3 different tires before I found some I really love. First was the pirelli scorpions. They couldn't balance them, not sure if their machine was messed up at the time or not, but they tried numerous times unsuccessfully. I decided to switch to the more aggressive and seemingly well reviewed Nitto Terra Grapplers. I really wanted to like them, but they were very noisy on the interstate, contrary to what people seem to report, noisy loud hum, so annoying. And they seemed to weight down the steering and probably my gas mileage went way down. I didn't measure it, but the truck seemed sluggish with those tires on. I then finally switched to the BF Goodrich rugged terrain. I love them. They are very quiet, and seem fairly aggressive, look good, and the truck feels lighter and more nimble than the Nittos. So that's my opinion.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
Joe's Auto Detail

Thanks! Thats good to know with that ride guarentee..what size did you go with by chance?!?!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
acharney is on a distinguished road
acharney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacntry View Post
Thanks! Thats good to know with that ride guarentee..what size did you go with by chance?!?!
I got 265/70/17. Yeah the guarantee is nice, although I'm not advocating for NTB, to be honest they were a bunch of idiots and I've since heard others have problems with them, I wouldn't use them again. But in the end I'm happy with my tires...
Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
Joe's Auto Detail

those look like an awesome tire and they are very popular! i want a narrow tire but a little taller..theyre soooo hard to find for a 17 inch rim.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a lift? If you do just trim a bit and add wheel spacers and you'll be good. I have 285/70/17 BFG AT and love them.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite is BF Goodrich All Terrains, but they are a litle expensive.
I had BF Goodrich Rugged Trails - they were terrible - very slick on wet roads.
I now have Nitto Terra Grapplers - I love the look of it, but they are a little noisy. My truck is not a daily driver, so it does not matter.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #10
Joe's Auto Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk3 View Post
Do you have a lift? If you do just trim a bit and add wheel spacers and you'll be good. I have 285/70/17 BFG AT and love them.
I do have a 3 inch lift...just worried about clearing tire width with the upper control arm and the damn 17in sport wheels with a shitty offset.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
255/80/17s with spidertrax wheel adapters if you need to space them out a bit.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
Joe's Auto Detail

awesome thanks guys...a 255 sounds perfect!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
BransTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
BransTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm diggin my new Mickey Thompson Baja STZs I got over the weekend. 265/75/16 with no scrub. Soak up the bumps and stuff... friendly road tread too.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BransTaco View Post
I'm diggin my new Mickey Thompson Baja STZs I got over the weekend. 265/75/16 with no scrub. Soak up the bumps and stuff... friendly road tread too.

Is it me, or is this pic upside down??
Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing a hand stand just to see it
Old 08-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #17
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM

Old 08-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #18
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Hankook Dynapro ATM

x2
Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #19
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
how are the hankooks in the sand? i got me a set but havent made a beach trip yet would like to know how they do?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #20
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Destination A/Ts FTW!