Cooper Discoverer AT3

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #41
J-Rob #3 has a spectacular aura aboutJ-Rob #3 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
J-Rob #3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I got the call, they're in! I've got an appointment to get them installed first thing Saturday morning

I ended up going with the AT3's in 265/70R17 and the tire shop finally came through! When do you get yours put on?
AWESOME!!!! I order mine too!! Not sure when the dealership will get them in, but I can't wait!!

By the way, I lied about the whole balancing/alignment mess I said earlier. They quoted me $660 and that would include them being put on and balanced for the first time! So excited!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #42
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rob #3 View Post
AWESOME!!!! I order mine too!! Not sure when the dealership will get them in, but I can't wait!!

By the way, I lied about the whole balancing/alignment mess I said earlier. They quoted me $660 and that would include them being put on and balanced for the first time! So excited!!
Nice! So a week ago I was hard pressed to find a member running AT3's, now there will be 3 more members running them by next week. $660 for 4 tires out the door is pretty damn good!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #43
Quote:
Nice! So a week ago I was hard pressed to find a member running AT3's, now there will be 3 more members running them by next week. $660 for 4 tires out the door is pretty damn good!
That's what I thought! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get them for?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #44
apotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

apotter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's a hella good deal! No one around here even comes close to that price..congrats bud!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #45
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I thought! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get them for?
The place I'm going price matches so $165 + mounting so pushing $180/tire OTD. I've got a 52% credit on the set so overall I'll end up paying $360 for the set. With the warranty work, I had to get Cooper tires and I had to get them from this place so I found the best online price that I could dig up for them to match. 17's are expensive
Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #46
How did you get the credit? That's awesome!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by apotter View Post
That's a hella good deal! No one around here even comes close to that price..congrats bud!
Thanks man! I would really suggest finding a friend that works at the Toyota Dealership. I mean sometimes it realllllllyy comes in handy.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #48
apotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shedapotter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

apotter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The place I'm going price matches so $165 + mounting so pushing $180/tire OTD. I've got a 52% credit on the set so overall I'll end up paying $360 for the set. With the warranty work, I had to get Cooper tires and I had to get them from this place so I found the best online price that I could dig up for them to match. 17's are expensive
that's pretty reasonable for 17's. I bought a set of 4runner 17's...then found out how much 17" tires were..Those rims now have a new home
Old 08-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #49

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How did you get the credit? That's awesome!
I currently have a set of Cooper ATR's that ended up failing. Here's the thread where I came to the conclusion my old tires were shot. Cooper actually stepped up and pro-rated the credit based on mileage. I have 20k miles on the tires and they were rated for 50k so I got a 52% credit.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...e-dry-rot.html

Quote:
that's pretty reasonable for 17's. I bought a set of 4runner 17's...then found out how much 17" tires were..Those rims now have a new home
I hear ya... but I'm the dummy who sold off my 16" Baja wheels to get the 17" TRD Sport wheels. Expensive, but they look pretty sweet!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #50

apotter's Tacoma Gallery
17's do look the best on genII tacoma's...oh well..I'm hoping the new FJ team edition anthracite's look good enough that I can forget about how much better the 17's look.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #51

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
17's do look the best on genII tacoma's...oh well..I'm hoping the new FJ team edition anthracite's look good enough that I can forget about how much better the 17's look.
Those anthricite's are pretty damn sexy... but good luck finding them! I saw a set on here and I think they sold for something like $1,200 for the set
Old 08-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #52

apotter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those anthricite's are pretty damn sexy... but good luck finding them! I saw a set on here and I think they sold for something like $1,200 for the set

They're waaaay to expensive...didn't quite pay 1,200, but my bank acount definitely had a hole in it for a while. And then there was the TPMS sensors...this wheel tire thing is out of control expensive.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #53
I'm actually getting these rims right now. Just waiting on them to get here! Haha that's crazy we're gonna be running the exact same set-up!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #54
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Just read a positive review of the AT3s in the latest issue of Truck Trend magazine. Found it online, too, at: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/c...iscoverer.html
Old 08-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #55

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
Just read a positive review of the AT3s in the latest issue of Truck Trend magazine. Found it online, too, at: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/c...iscoverer.html
Nice find, I haven't seen that one yet! They sound promising!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
That's a great find. I just wished they stated which other tires they competed against.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #57

apotter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm actually getting these rims right now. Just waiting on them to get here! Haha that's crazy we're gonna be running the exact same set-up!

It should be a good looking match up...with a little luck we'll see soon. Post pics when you get them on your truck. I'm curious to see how much better they will look on the GenI.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #58

apotter's Tacoma Gallery
Found this quick blurb:

http://ncoutdoorsman.blogspot.com/20...ooper-at3.html

Wish the guy would post updates. It seems like most of the sites that tested the tires gave them good reviews, and then never followed up...no news is good news?
Old 08-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #59
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a great find. I just wished they stated which other tires they competed against.
It was not a comparison, just individual tests in the print version. The link to the different tests can be found here:
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/c...ide/index.html
Old 08-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #60

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my set today! You're going to love them They're nice and smooth! I don't have many miles on them yet but I think they're going to be a great tire!