Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

3" Lift - What tire size?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
3" Lift - What tire size?

What is the largest tire size i can put on my tacoma? I have a 3" lift and currently have 265/70/17 on the stock rims. I DONT want to do any trimming to the truck. I am needing new tires soon so the quicker i get a response and some agreement, the quicker i can throw on some new tread. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've heard of people having to trim bumpers and what not to fit in a larger tire so they dont rub....
Old 08-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylpickel2004 View Post
I've heard of people having to trim bumpers and what not to fit in a larger tire so they dont rub....
That's for 285's , they rub because they are wider and taller

255's are just taller
Old 08-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
The Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
no trimming ?

255/80/17

I would say that is a smidge more than what i am goign for!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
The Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Usually I don't act like a dick... Use the fricken search bar next time!!!
I did, but there are a ton of threads talking about tire sizes and without clicking through every page, figured it was just easier to start a new one... so i did
Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would say that is a smidge more than what i am goign for!
Well then 265/70/17
Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
Bo 159 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
Bo 159's Tacoma Gallery
my cousin just put on 285/75/16 toyos and had no trimming done to it. i believe thats the right size. check out chaz834 build
Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #11
The Red Bull

Thanks Oz for the help
Old 08-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
wut
Old 08-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #13
The Red Bull

Quote:
Well then 265/70/17
I currently have 265/70/17s but was wanting to a little taller
Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I currently have 265/70/17s but was wanting to a little taller
Some manufacturers make a 255/75/17 , but it's only about 1/2 taller than 265/70/17

The Hankook Dynapro ATM comes in 255/75/17 for example
Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #15
Bo 159 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
Bo 159's Tacoma Gallery
i mean "chases build" btw
Old 11-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #16
2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Trooper
Name: Blake
2010nctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some manufacturers make a 255/75/17 , but it's only about 1/2 taller than 265/70/17

The Hankook Dynapro ATM comes in 255/75/17 for example
I think I like the look of the 255/75/17, but there aren't many choices. I like the Hankook's, does anyone have any picks of them on a tacoma? Thanks
Old 11-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Trooper
Name: Blake
2010nctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump???
Old 11-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #18
2011tacotrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
2011tacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say with no trimming your stuck with the 265/75/16 but if you don't mind minor rubbing in reverse with wheels cranked only you can run 285/70/16 as seen here on mine but again the trimming required is so minor and on the inner most part of the fender plastic liner that no one would even see it or know it except you. Grab a utility knife and get her done.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #19
aliamber is on a distinguished road
aliamber's Tacoma Gallery
Would who ever owns the white double cab in these photos please tell me where you got that short tool box in the bed?Thanks
Tom

Quote:
no trimming ?

255/80/17

Old 11-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliamber View Post
Would who ever owns the white double cab in these photos please tell me where you got that short tool box in the bed?Thanks
Tom
Can you open the picture and get a link to the member profile ?

I can't on my phone .