Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Newbie type wheel-tire questions

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Question Newbie type wheel-tire questions

Forgive me for my overall level of illiteracy, and please let me know if there is a thread covering all this.

I like the accessory "Baja" or "TRD Off-Road Beadlock Style" wheels, but I have never done anything but swap stock replacement wheels/tires before.

Does the "beadlock style" mean a different type of tire is required for these? Or, will any 16" work? Can any shop do tire swaps for these types of wheels, going forward? Any headaches to look out for?

Is there any issue with a direct swap on the Sport trim for something like the Off-Road stock setup, given that the suspension varies slightly?

If you were advising someone with a Sport (17",65R17) who was considering keeping a different set of wheels/tires around for high performance in winter, would you advise them to look at these accessory wheels and some Blizzak tires or similar? Try to find the stock setup for the Off-Road trim as my second set? Something else?

Thank you!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
No special tires will be needed. Good luck finding them since I know they can be a pain to get sometimes.

There would be no point to spending money on the stock OR suspension.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
You mean the accessory wheels are hard to find?

I wouldn't change suspension components at all.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The "beadlock" wheels are hard to find. The Baja wheels are not.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The "beadlock" wheels are hard to find. The Baja wheels are not.
Ok, thanks. I think they'd work for my purposes. I'll try looking for a set.