Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anybody running 255/75/17 ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody running 255/75/17 ?

Anybody running this size ?

I am looking at the Hankook ATM in this size .

Thanks in advance
Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Keith

Come on , not a single person is running this size ?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
There are some members running these Pizza cutters - should be good on MPG. Probably wear faster too
Old 08-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
Danny is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Danny's Tacoma Gallery
I have BFG Mud terrains in 255/75/17 on my taco.

What is your question about them?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I have BFG Mud terrains in 255/75/17 on my taco.

What is your question about them?
I wanna see a side pic .
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_TACO4x4 View Post

Thanks !
Old 11-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Oz u ever get these??? The hankook in 255??
Still deciding between Hankook ATm's in 255/75/17 and km2's in 255/80/17
Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
Are you running stock Sport rims OZ?
Yup
Old 01-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_TACO4x4 View Post

Did you lose any mpgs when you went to the mud tire in that size? I have 265 70 17 Hankooks, but want to get a MT in the 255 size. I heard that the smaller width decreases rolling resistance and does affect the mpgs
Old 01-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
Banned
maxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxspeed96ct is one of the sharper tools in the shed
maxspeed96ct's Tacoma Gallery
I am running these exact tires and size but they are on my toyota 4runner ..

Love the tires, great all round tire for the money .
Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There's a ton of this size on craigslist but they are all BFG KM1, some jeeps come stock with them thus they are fairly cheap.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running this size on a stock suspension without rubbing? Or will I need to lift? If a lift is needed what is the smallest I can get away with?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #16
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
is this tire size equivalent to 255/85/16?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
What 255 is similar in diameter to a 265/75?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
What 255 is similar in diameter to a 265/75?
tire size calculator

255/75R16 is about 1/2" smaller, 255/80R16 is about 1/2" taller but might be an odd size to find, if they are even made at all.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Want to see pics of my spare 235/85r16? Its .3" shorter