1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brain; not good, Need; yours

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 1expensiveTaco, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    1expensiveTaco

1expensiveTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 V6
    First things first, I have a 07 Tacoma access cab v6 4x4 I'm searching for wheels;I understand backspacing, offset, wheel size, width, etc. BUT what i don'tunderstand is what will fit on my truck. Everywhere i look i see aftermarket rims thatfit my needs (16x8 with a 6x5.5 lug pattern) what gets me is almost every setof wheels i come by Have 4.5 inches of Backspacing and 0mm of Offset. Willthese rims fit my truck or get stuck on my Brake Calipers, or rub etc. Pleeeaseenlighten me. You’re the best.

2. Aug 13, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The backspacing doesn't affect whether they will hit the calipers. It's the inner diameter of the rim that determines that. Some brands of wheels clear the calipers in 16" , some don't. It's best to either buy some rims that you have seen others running, or to test fit the rims before buying to make sure they don't contact the calipers.

3. Aug 13, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    what he said^^^. i would find a wheel you like and see if anyone else is running a set. this will also give you a good idea of how they look on a tacoma. there are threads in here with wheel pics galore so that outta give ya some ideas too....good luck

4. Aug 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    1expensiveTaco

1expensiveTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 V6
    Thank you KPT i guess ill just have to bite the bullet and test fit them. I have been checking out a lot of the wheels on the forum here that are pretty clean I'd just like my own look. Appreciate the help guys

Products Discussed in

To Top