Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Brain; not good, Need; yours

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
1expensiveTaco is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0311 Infantry 3/3 India Co. and Kilo Co.
Name: Steven
1expensiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Brain; not good, Need; yours

First things first, I have a 07 Tacoma access cab v6 4x4 I'm searching for wheels;I understand backspacing, offset, wheel size, width, etc. BUT what i don'tunderstand is what will fit on my truck. Everywhere i look i see aftermarket rims thatfit my needs (16x8 with a 6x5.5 lug pattern) what gets me is almost every setof wheels i come by Have 4.5 inches of Backspacing and 0mm of Offset. Willthese rims fit my truck or get stuck on my Brake Calipers, or rub etc. Pleeeaseenlighten me. You’re the best.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1expensiveTaco View Post
First things first, I have a 07 Tacoma access cab v6 4x4 I'm searching for wheels;I understand backspacing, offset, wheel size, width, etc. BUT what i don'tunderstand is what will fit on my truck. Everywhere i look i see aftermarket rims thatfit my needs (16x8 with a 6x5.5 lug pattern) what gets me is almost every setof wheels i come by Have 4.5 inches of Backspacing and 0mm of Offset. Willthese rims fit my truck or get stuck on my Brake Calipers, or rub etc. Pleeeaseenlighten me. You’re the best.
The backspacing doesn't affect whether they will hit the calipers. It's the inner diameter of the rim that determines that. Some brands of wheels clear the calipers in 16" , some don't. It's best to either buy some rims that you have seen others running, or to test fit the rims before buying to make sure they don't contact the calipers.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
what he said^^^. i would find a wheel you like and see if anyone else is running a set. this will also give you a good idea of how they look on a tacoma. there are threads in here with wheel pics galore so that outta give ya some ideas too....good luck
Old 08-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
1expensiveTaco is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0311 Infantry 3/3 India Co. and Kilo Co.
Name: Steven
1expensiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The backspacing doesn't affect whether they will hit the calipers. It's the inner diameter of the rim that determines that. Some brands of wheels clear the calipers in 16" , some don't. It's best to either buy some rims that you have seen others running, or to test fit the rims before buying to make sure they don't contact the calipers.
Thank you KPT i guess ill just have to bite the bullet and test fit them. I have been checking out a lot of the wheels on the forum here that are pretty clean I'd just like my own look. Appreciate the help guys