Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

installed FJC steelies w/ firestone destination a/t's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Joey_Buttafuoco will become famous soon enoughJoey_Buttafuoco will become famous soon enough

Name: Fred
Joey_Buttafuoco's Tacoma Gallery
installed FJC steelies w/ firestone destination a/t's

Finally snapped some pictures of my truck with my new wheels and tires:

I picked up the wheels a few months ago on craigslist for $200, and have been patiently waiting for the horrible dunlops to wear out enough that I could justify buying a new set of tires. I originally was planning on running a set of the BFG AT's, but couldn't swallow the high price. I instead turned to my younger brother who is a tech at a firestone autocare center and he hooked me up with a set of the destination a/t's for $145 each with no install or balancing fee. The size I chose was 265/70 and the steelies are 17's. This is the stock size for the fj cruisers on these wheels, but the width and overall diameter is a little larger than my old stock 16's. (9.64 vs 10.43inch wide and 30.46 vs 31.60inch tall) Ive noticed a small change in power, mostly up slight grades in 5th where im running less than 2500rpm. I also took a small hit in fuel economy, before i was averaging 23.1, now im down to 21.9, 21.1, and 21.3 for my first three tanks with the new wheels. Overall im very happy with the purchace, I really love the simplicty and rugged look of the fj steelies, esp with the new tires. Thanks for looking!

before:
Old 08-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
VSC blows
MJF will become famous soon enoughMJF will become famous soon enough

Army: 82nd Airborne
MJF's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. I love the look of steel wheel.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Its an old thread, but a good looking silver RC with the FJ steelies I am looking for deserves props.

Love the slightly wider stance bud! Your truck looks great!

RCs for life!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone please translate?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
R egular
C abs,