LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How do I keep my stock wheels clean?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
How do I keep my stock wheels clean?

A few weeks ago I put a wheel wax/sealer on my wheels to try to keep them cleaner. Went to wash them today and the front wheels are filthy from brake dust. the rear wheels are fine.
How do I keep the front wheels from getting so dirty so quick. i don't brake hard, so I'm not sure what to do.

Short of having them powdercoated black anyway.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Wash them more often?

Don't use your brakes?

Park your truck in the garage in one of those air tight bubbles?
Old 08-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
MattS67 is on a distinguished road
MattS67's Tacoma Gallery
I coated mine with Cquartz, but any good sealant/wax will work. A good OTC choice is Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. Frequent cleaning is the most important thing...I prefer Griot's Garage wheel cleaner as it's very gentle yet effective.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Arent there some brake pads that put off less dust?
Old 08-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Arent there some brake pads that put off less dust?
yeah, but I don't want to change brake pads, cause the ones on there are pretty new.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
BG04Taco has a spectacular aura aboutBG04Taco has a spectacular aura aboutBG04Taco has a spectacular aura about

BG04Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Brake dust covers. I'm not sure these will fit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AR...7000/?rtype=10
Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
When your brakes need to be changed... switch to a better brand. Don't really think there is much that you can do till then. Also have to understand nothing stays clean. Ntbad. (Not to be a dick) use your brakes, your wheels are gonna get poppy. Especially if you have cheap brake pads!