Notices

Debating with myself

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
toyoTRDtaco is on a distinguished road

EMS: Medic
toyoTRDtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Debating with myself

So Im debating wheather or not to purchase a set of Roto's. What Im looking to get is a set of;

1) Rota Grid Off-Road, 16x8, 6x139.7
2) Rota Grid Type B, same size
3) Rota Grid Type X, same size

I couldnt find any specs on the back spacing. Im really new to the truck rim world and a little confused. Im thinking the the stock offset is +20 on my 06 TRD Sport Double Cab. The Rota's come in +10, +15. Will that look alright on my truck? Will they stick out to far, or be sunk in?

I do plan on going with a 3" lift within the next year as well, im not sure if that makes a different or not but I would like to get a little help from the knowledgable members here on the board.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
So, you're on TW to debate with yourself? You're going to get interrupted by smart asses like me
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't aware rota made truck wheels. They look like konigs. How do they compare to konigs?

OP, I know there is a chart on here that converts the offset and bolt pattern to the backspacing. Unfortunately, I'm on TW through the phone so can't really get you the link to it.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyoTRDtaco View Post
So Im debating wheather or not to purchase a set of Roto's. What Im looking to get is a set of;

1) Rota Grid Off-Road, 16x8, 6x139.7
2) Rota Grid Type B, same size
3) Rota Grid Type X, same size

I couldnt find any specs on the back spacing. Im really new to the truck rim world and a little confused. Im thinking the the stock offset is +20 on my 06 TRD Sport Double Cab. The Rota's come in +10, +15. Will that look alright on my truck? Will they stick out to far, or be sunk in?

I do plan on going with a 3" lift within the next year as well, im not sure if that makes a different or not but I would like to get a little help from the knowledgable members here on the board.

Thanks
Stock offset is +25 mm on the TRD sport wheels, which is 5.25" backspacing on 7.5" wide wheel.

We need to know the tire size you plan on running in order to know which offset is best for you.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
They look like konigs. How do they compare to konigs?
I would imagine they do not compare favorably in any category except price.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
toyoTRDtaco is on a distinguished road

EMS: Medic
toyoTRDtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Stock offset is +25 mm on the TRD sport wheels, which is 5.25" backspacing on 7.5" wide wheel.

We need to know the tire size you plan on running in order to know which offset is best for you.
The plan is to have 265/70/16. This is the reply I got back stating the offsets of each.

"1 grid offroad *+ 10, concave spoke
2 grid type b and type x, similar model.
Grid Type B +10 offset
Grid Type X +5 offset *or-5"
Old 08-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyoTRDtaco View Post
The plan is to have 265/70/16. This is the reply I got back stating the offsets of each.

"1 grid offroad *+ 10, concave spoke
2 grid type b and type x, similar model.
Grid Type B +10 offset
Grid Type X +5 offset *or-5"
The only one of those that will allow you to ever run anything more than a 265 would be the -5 offset. If you always plan to run 265's then any of those would work.