16" AR Fuels on Sport?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
Gecko Breeder
Panther has a spectacular aura aboutPanther has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kai
Panther's Tacoma Gallery
16" AR Fuels on Sport?

I know some of you hate me for asking. I used the search, but just wanted to double check. I think I've seen some guys using 16" American Racing Fuel wheels on the Sport Tacos, and I was wondering if they actually fit? I understand the calipers on the sport are a little big, and I'm not sure if the pictures I saw were trucks that just had the hood scoop or were actually the Sport.

I found some on Craigslist for a good deal, and would like to buy them, but don't want to end up grinding my caliper (or wheel). Anyone run this rim on their Sport?

Thanks in advance, and sorry too.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The OR model has 16s so yeah 16s will fit on the Sport.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The OR model has 16s so yeah 16s will fit on the Sport.
Didn't think it was that simple... I thought certain 16" rims will hit the caliper I think one of the countersteers maybe?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Didn't think it was that simple... I thought certain 16" rims will hit the caliper I think one of the countersteers maybe?
Hmmm. Not sure about backspacing but if the rim diameter is the question then no that isn't a problem.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Hmmm. Not sure about backspacing but if the rim diameter is the question then no that isn't a problem.
I believe it's the inside diameter that causes it. KPT will have to weigh in but I believe some of the 16" rims are tighter inside than the TRD OR or stock steel rims. There's one in particular that is a 16" rim that does not fit the 2nd gen without modification.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
You could try to test fit them before you buy them. BTW mine are 6 years old now and are holding up great. My only issue with them is the center caps which were rusty garbage. I ditched them after about 6 months and honestly they look tons better without them.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Correct.

Quote:
I believe it's the inside diameter that causes it. KPT will have to weigh in but I believe some of the 16" rims are tighter inside than the TRD OR or stock steel rims. There's one in particular that is a 16" rim that does not fit the 2nd gen without modification.
Correct again. There are actually several brands of wheeels that don't fit in the 16" version, most notably the pro comp rock crawlers, and anything made by Cragar.