Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Duratrac Prices

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #41
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I'm on my second set of duratracs. My 265/75/16's had 27k miles on them when I sold them back in february and they probably still had another 10k in them. In fact, I saw the guy I sold them to at a stoplight a few weeks ago and he was still riding on them (he commutes 100ish miles a day).

I have 15k on my current set 285/70/17 and they still have a ton of tread left.

Yeah they get a little clogged in the mud, but they're an AT tire, not a MT so naturally they aren't going to perform as well in the mud. Also keep in mind most big heavy full sized trucks have trouble in mud because they're so heavy.

They are awesome tires otherwise, I have taken mine offroad many times, driven in snow and ice on them, they're awesome there too. I commute 50 miles a day on mine.
Thanks for the review!

These will more than likely be what I go with.

Fink
Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #42
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
lol, a little late but it's a good thing. I told him my buddy (you) got free mounting and balancing and that I wasn't sure if it was some sort of promo they had going. He gave it to me!
That's awesome! I'm getting mine put on tomorrow and I can't wait!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #43
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mudafuga
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Holy hell these tires got expensive!!!! I paid $640 OTD with a $40 off coupon for 265/75 16's two years ago when they first came out.
It's the raw material cost. Oil, Rubber, Through the MF'ing roof!

I realize this is not the same rubber used in tires, but you get the idea.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #44
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Holy hell these tires got expensive!!!! I paid $640 OTD with a $40 off coupon for 265/75 16's two years ago when they first came out.
Did you get them local or through a national chain?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #46
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Got them put on last night!

The reviews are true, they are actually very quiet even at speed. I think they're every bit as quiet as the stock tires I had. I notice the wheel takes marginally more force to turn now when I'm not moving. I'm fairly certain it's because of the wider contact patch. I can really tell that these grip like crazy. The truck feels like it's on attack all the time.

I have yet to do any off roading but I'm pretty excited to get back out there. I was impressed at the things I could do with the truck in stock form. Now I think I should be able to do even more. I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone for the guidance! $932 out the door after tax, mounting and balancing!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #47
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
I thought this expired at the end of 2010
I'm not sure if this has been answered or not but I checked last night and it says the rebate has to be postmarked by 1/2012.

Just FYI as I plan on using this when I go to purchase mine.

Fink
Old 08-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #48
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

....a happy ending

Old 08-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #49
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I'm on my second set of duratracs. My 265/75/16's had 27k miles on them when I sold them back in february and they probably still had another 10k in them. In fact, I saw the guy I sold them to at a stoplight a few weeks ago and he was still riding on them (he commutes 100ish miles a day).

I have 15k on my current set 285/70/17 and they still have a ton of tread left.

Yeah they get a little clogged in the mud, but they're an AT tire, not a MT so naturally they aren't going to perform as well in the mud. Also keep in mind most big heavy full sized trucks have trouble in mud because they're so heavy.

They are awesome tires otherwise, I have taken mine offroad many times, driven in snow and ice on them, they're awesome there too. I commute 50 miles a day on mine.
Is their another version of Duratracs? Because of the pictures you guys are posting..don't look like my friends. I know they are Duratracs 100% though..I ordered them and picked em up for him.

and he has never had any other problems with any other tires(truck has been on BFG AT's, and Toyo Open MTs)

He bought them right when they came out..like a month after they came out.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #50
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
$960 today....bought, mounted, balanced, out the door.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #52
Sounds Gooooood

^nice price...on the 15's :P
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #53
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Seemed the right thread to resurrect, and the right time to do it.

Discount Tire Direct: 265/75-16 C (LT265/75R16C1 112Q W) $205 x 4 = $820
Less $60 + $50 Visa pre-paid rebate cards = $710, delivered
I'll mount and balance them myself.

$60 rebate expires May 31st, $50 rebate expires April 30th.

$60 from Goodyear, through Citibank
$50 from Discount Tire Direct, through Metabank

Looks like Goodyear will double their rebate if the purchase is made with a Goodyear Credit Card.