Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire/Wheel suggestion for Magnetic Grey 2011 Sport

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
KingMoo is on a distinguished road
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
Tire/Wheel suggestion for Magnetic Grey 2011 Sport

Can someone please suggest a good setup for a Magnetic Grey 2011 TRD Sport DC/SB?

I'm leaning towards the duratracs. What rims look good with grey and duractracs? I'm think black looks good.

Do I save much if I buy the tire on the rim?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
AKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
AKtoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a white 2011 TRD Off-Road DC/SB w/ the ATX Thug rims & Duratracs & love the set up. I searched & searched & searched and I really like the ATX Thug rims. They are Teflon coated & look very cool in person, but don't look "blingy" like a lot of rims tend too (i.e. too much chrome, etc.). I have the Duratracs studded & use them as my winter tires, but they would work great year round as well. They are very aggressive looking in person but still have good road manners. The Duratracs are chock full of features as well & the tread pattern & siping is some of the best I've seen.

PS. I have the Hankook Dynapro MT's which I use as a summer tire. I just picked them up a couple weeks ago but have already done a couple road trips & even some towing with them. They are a pretty sweet tire too, but won't be as good in the rain/snow. If you need to have one tire that you can drive year round, in the rain and snow as well as summer, you can't go wrong w/ the Duratrac.

Just my two cents. Congrats on your new truck!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Instead of giving my usual answer of "the round kind" I'm going to make a suggestion. I like these rims myself and I may get them in the future.

The rims are Classic ii by Mickey Thompson but I'm not sure what tires those are. In the end it is entirely up to you and what you like the most.
Attached Thumbnails
Tire/Wheel suggestion for Magnetic Grey 2011 Sport-mgm-taco-dick-mickey-thompson-classic-ii.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Those are KM2s, Looks clean!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
wow I really like those rims!. Thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
YankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant futureYankeePirate has a brilliant future

Army: I jump out of perfectly good airplanes... among other things.
Name: Lef
YankeePirate's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to YankeePirate
Try KD Addicts. They look good an a Mag Grey Taco.

As seen here
Old 08-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
KingMoo's Tacoma Gallery
is there any benefit to buying tires and rims from the same place?

I can get duratracs from the States for $178 each and pick them up at the border or I can get them here for and get them mounted/installed for $26 each.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMoo View Post

I can get duratracs from the States for $178 each and pick them up at the border or I can get them here for and get them mounted/installed for $26 each.

Usually you get a discount but not always

Also like the wheels whipper picked
Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
JstreetS will become famous soon enoughJstreetS will become famous soon enough

Name: Jay
JstreetS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMoo View Post

From my experience - most places will deal on a package. It doesn't hurt to have several quotes from the web or call around to local shops and have them compete. Cash is king too...happy negotiating!