Notices

backspacing and offset

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
UpstateTRDTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
UpstateTRDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
backspacing and offset

Where can I find the specs for the backspacing and offset on the stock fake beadlock rims on my TX pro?

thanks, Josh
Old 08-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
On your tapemeasure.

Honestly, in my experience, that's been the easiest and most reliable source.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateTRDTaco View Post
Where can I find the specs for the backspacing and offset on the stock fake beadlock rims on my TX pro?

thanks, Josh
There should be stamping on the rim that rads something like 16x8jj ET0 or something like that. Post that up and we can tell you the backspacing.

Measuring also works but it can be a PITA while the rim is still on the truck.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure those are 4.5" BS
Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering the same thing? Also what's the ideal offset/back spacing people typically want?
Old 11-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering the same thing? Also what's the ideal offset/back spacing people typically want?
Depends what you are trying to accomplish as far as tire size.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
What are the determining factors? Fenders, front bumper, cab mount, UCA and spindles? Are there anymore? What is the order in which the tire will hit and what are the typical fixes? Such as if the tire hits the cab mount, would spacers or spindles fix that? I'd really like to get some 295/75 or 305/75/16's on there without chopping the mount...
Old 11-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are the determining factors? Fenders, front bumper, cab mount, UCA and spindles? Are there anymore? What is the order in which the tire will hit and what are the typical fixes? Such as if the tire hits the cab mount, would spacers or spindles fix that?
That depends on both the height and width of the tire, and the backspacing and width of the wheels. Different combos will hit different things.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Gotchya... so it's pretty much, buy the wheel/tires you want and cut away lol... I'm thinking spindles with the TX pro beadlock style wheels and 295/75 or 305/75/16's should be OK? Maybe 1.5" spacers if needed?
Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Gotchya... so it's pretty much, buy the wheel/tires you want and cut away lol... I'm thinking spindles with the TX pro beadlock style wheels and 295/75 or 305/75/16's should be OK? Maybe 1.5" spacers if needed?
Spacers will make any rubbing you have worse. Those bead lock wheels are 4.5" backspace, if you add that spacer you will essentially have a 3" backspace
Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Spacers will make any rubbing you have worse. Those bead lock wheels are 4.5" backspace, if you add that spacer you will essentially have a 3" backspace
Thanks for clarifying that.. I kinda thought that might have been the case but wasn't sure... is that the same for spindles as well?
Old 11-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying that.. I kinda thought that might have been the case but wasn't sure... is that the same for spindles as well?
If those wheels are, in fact, 4.5" BS then they will clear the spindle with a gusset or an after market spindle
Old 11-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Just hypotheticlly speaking... if the BSing is 4.5 and barely clears the spindles then a wheel with 5.5 BSing would more than likely hit?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Awesome! Just hypotheticlly speaking... if the BSing is 4.5 and barely clears the spindles then a wheel with 5.5 BSing would more than likely hit?
yeah
Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #15
jspetrovitsis is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jspetrovitsis's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 2011 tx pro wheels and am trying to put 285 75 16s under it, will it rub against any suspension parts like the UCA or anything. I am putting in the 3'' toytech lift with 2'' aal in the back.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 AM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspetrovitsis View Post
I have the 2011 tx pro wheels and am trying to put 285 75 16s under it, will it rub against any suspension parts like the UCA or anything. I am putting in the 3'' toytech lift with 2'' aal in the back.
You should be alright for UCA clearance.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
jspetrovitsis is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jspetrovitsis's Tacoma Gallery
how about any other rubbing issues? I am ok with trimming the wheel well but I am not trying to trim or remove any of the fender flares
Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspetrovitsis View Post
how about any other rubbing issues? I am ok with trimming the wheel well but I am not trying to trim or remove any of the fender flares
You won't have to trim the flares but you may have to chop your cab mounts.