Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

is this a good deal on 4 toyo open country tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
is this a good deal on 4 toyo open country tires?

i went to a local tire shop and got a special quote on new toyo open country a/t tires, 4 tires/balance/weight/install for only $620.

this a pretty good deal?
Old 10-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
i think so what shop?
Old 10-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and what sizes
Old 10-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Your in LA? Call Tire Central in San Gabriel (626)698-1182. I just got a set of 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers for $520 OTD installed. That also included switching out TPMS to different wheels. They don't charge tax if your paying cash.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

damn dtrujillo thats a really good deal....

the place is socal tire

size P265/70/17
Old 10-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget

everywhere else i was getting quoted over $700
Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
╒╪╕

looking thru a couple websites, those toyos only cost about $130 a piece
Old 10-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
╒╪╕

i think u should go to tire central
Old 10-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tire Central carries all types of tires. I was just looking for Nitto's. They have the best prices hands down. Tires ran $460 OTD + $15 per wheel for install (Including TPMS).

They have P265/70/17 for $430!!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/893474612.html
Old 10-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget

yea but on the websites they get u with the shipping and balancing price. what sites u lookin at
Old 10-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
Tire Central carries all types of tires. I was just looking for Nitto's. They have the best prices hands down. Tires ran $460 OTD + $15 per wheel for install (Including TPMS).

They have P265/70/17 for $430!!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/893474612.html

i just clicked the link and it said it was flagged for removal
Old 10-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
i just clicked the link and it said it was flagged for removal
Wow... I just clicked on it. I noticed someone keeps flagging their posts on CL. I think its their competitors. They have the sale pricing but they charge tax no matter what. They also charge $20 per wheel. Can't go wrong with Tire Central, they have Nitto TGs P265/70/17for $430. Nitto and Toyo is the same company, Open country and TG is the same tire. The only difference is that TGs have the lighting bolts.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #13
╒╪╕

doh i didnt even think about the shipping...it would probably be a better deal getting them from socal tire, rather than buying online, paying for shipping, then havin to pay a shop to install/balance..

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ue&SnipID=4571
Old 10-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #14
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrujillo63 View Post
Wow... I just clicked on it. I noticed someone keeps flagging their posts on CL. I think its their competitors. They have the sale pricing but they charge tax no matter what. They also charge $20 per wheel. Can't go wrong with Tire Central, they have Nitto TGs P265/70/17for $430. Nitto and Toyo is the same company, Open country and TG is the same tire. The only difference is that TGs have the lighting bolts.
yea the lighting bolts is the only thing that i dont like, i also like white lettering out. but damn thats a really good deal im gonna have to check that out, where they located??
Old 10-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
yea the lighting bolts is the only thing that i dont like, i also like white lettering out. but damn thats a really good deal im gonna have to check that out, where they located??
They probably carry Toyo's for the same price. Like I said, they carry all the brands, BFG, Nitto, Toyo, Bridgetone, etc. The link below has their info. I just got my tires this morning, coundn't be happier!

http://images.craigslist.org/1f31g71...beb5f41d09.jpg
Old 10-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #16
Tuned By Gadget

k thanks for the info!