Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Horrible shake from tires Help!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Horrible shake from tires Help!

Hey i have 17 inch xd addicts on my truck and just went from M/t tires to A/t tires and the mechanic who swapped them said i am missing some spacer that like goes on before my rims and makes it fit better and thats why im getting really bad shakes from 40-60 mph and this didnt happen till after i got the A/ts on.... he said they werent on there but im confused and apparently i need to contact XD (KMC) and buy spacers.... any helps?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a spacer expert, but he might be talking about Spidertrax spacers for your new wheels?

bump for curiosity and help for you
Old 08-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I'm not a spacer expert, but he might be talking about Spidertrax spacers for your new wheels?

bump for curiosity and help for you
well he said its like a plate that goes on just before my wheels bec he stated that the middle of my rims arent touching my hub
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say go to a different shop and get them rebalanced that would be my first guess that there improperly balanced and that's why there shaking
Old 08-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
I'd say go to a different shop and get them rebalanced that would be my first guess that there improperly balanced and that's why there shaking
this

pics would help too
Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
rolltide05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Micheal
rolltide05's Tacoma Gallery
They come with black rubber spacers when you get a set and they go between your wheel and the hubs. Call XD and see if they will send you another set
Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
Bens MBL TACO will become famous soon enoughBens MBL TACO will become famous soon enough

Bens MBL TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you are most likely just missing the rubber spacers/rings, i think. The ones it should have came with are all you need to eliminate vibrations. Spidertraxs are just nice to add. Just dont wait too long with current set up, man.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
no he is talking about hubcentric rings. i just went thru this with my moto metals. basically the hub on our truck is 106.8mm and the hub bore on aftermarket wheels is 108mm. so to take up that space (1.2mm) you just get a hub centric ring that is polycarbonate and makes the wheels hub centric. it doesnt work, our trucks are lug centric, i still have the shake even after i got the hub rings put on and extended thread lug nuts. the guy just needs to use the "haweka adapter" and balance them lug centrically - once again since our trucks are lug centric. im having a bitch of a time with getting mine balanced, but have yet to have them use the haweka adapter, or road force. so ill update you when i find the cure.