Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheelers off road steel wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers off road steel wheels

Hey guys,
I was thinking about getting some wheelersoffroad steel wheels. They are the 16x8 black steel wheels. Im debating whether to go with the type A (4.5" backspacing) or type B (4" backspacing). If i went with the type B the wheels would come out more right? What do you guys suggest that i buy. I plan on putting BFG MT 265/75/16 on them. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Hey guys,
I was thinking about getting some wheelersoffroad steel wheels. They are the 16x8 black steel wheels. Im debating whether to go with the type A (4.5" backspacing) or type B (4" backspacing). If i went with the type B the wheels would come out more right? What do you guys suggest that i buy. I plan on putting BFG MT 265/75/16 on them. Thanks!
with the 4 inch backspacing, yes...the wheel will sit out more. alos, remember that with the steelies, on the second gen tacomas,im pretty sure anyway, you may need to grind the calipers down a bit for a better fit.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
with the 4 inch backspacing, yes...the wheel will sit out more. alos, remember that with the steelies, on the second gen tacomas,im pretty sure anyway, you may need to grind the calipers down a bit for a better fit.
On the site it says it will clear the calipers.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 10-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
On the site it says it will clear the calipers.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
you are good to go.....i was thinking about the first gen trucks and damn 15 inch steelies, which im getting soon.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
do w3rk!

Thanks! Which would you go for? the 4.5 or 4 backspacing. Im thinking the 4 backspacing would give it more of an aggressive look since it sticks out more.hmm
Old 10-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
4 inch.

Pretty good prices.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks! Which would you go for? the 4.5 or 4 backspacing. Im thinking the 4 backspacing would give it more of an aggressive look since it sticks out more.hmm
4 inch as far as im concerned. its what im gonna get for my 04. plus, with those...less chance of tire rub on the uca's.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
do w3rk!

i was reading on toyotanation that some guy had to do some trimming and had to take off the flaps when he put these wheels on 265/75/. I thought those tires would run fine wihtout trimming.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #10
do w3rk!

Does anyone know if the TMPS works with these wheels?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Does anyone know if the TMPS works with these wheels?
im not real sure that the tpms will work with that steel wheel....my guess is probably not. there are ways to get around the whole tpms thing tho..........like putting them in a tube and keeping them set to a certain air pressure via a valve stem mounted on the tube. there is a write up somewhere for it.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #12
Jason07 is on a distinguished road
Jason07's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Wheelers type B on my 2007 Tacoma and I did not have to grind the calipers and the TPMS fits with no issues. The pics are older, I have recently taken the caps off because they started to fade really bad. Here are some pics.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Jason07 truck looks nice with those rims!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #14
Jason07 is on a distinguished road
Jason07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Jason07 truck looks nice with those rims!
Thanks

Hey, do u have your truck set at 2.5 in the front and 0 in the rear? I have been thinking of taking my 1 inch block out since my front has settled. When I look at my truck it looks like the rear is higher and I want the front to sit alittle higher.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah 2.5" in the front and just the 5100's in the back sits nice.